Status: I will update as much as possible. It all depends on who comments.

Changes

Much Needed Advice

His hazel eyes bore deep into me which was slightly alarming. Matt’s brows were furrowed at he watched my reaction. Something was up and I knew that Matt was going to bring it up.

“Can I help you Matt?” I asked.

“Is it ok if I talk to you while everybody is concentrating on moving stuff around?” he suggested.

I nodded figuring that Matt had a good point. If he wanted some privacy right now would be a perfect time since no one would miss us for a few minutes. Motioning my head towards the patio door I lead Matt through the kitchen and outside into the backyard. A small cement bench sat beneath an old Birch tree that was in the far corner of the yard. I sat down on the hard surface and he followed suit. The two of us rested there silently while gazing at the late afternoon sun. It cast a faint pink hue across the sky and helped to bring the hectic day to a peace that I desperately needed.

“So, you and The Reverend huh?”

My head swiveled to Matt who continued to stare across the yard and into the sun. The light was able to create a warm flush on his face making him seem more alive. His eyes fell on me and watching me with curiosity as I tried to answer his question to the best of my abilities.

“I’m Catholic Matt. I don’t deal with Reverends.” I said slowly thinking that he was making a reference to religion.

A deep hearty chuckle reverberated through the air and the broad smile growing on his face created little dimples in his cheeks.

“Colie, Jimmy is The Reverend. I’m sure you’ve heard some of our nicknames by now. It’s just something us guys did for fun a while back.” Matt said with a hint of humor in his voice.

“Yes I have.” I smiled back at him. “But yes, me and Jimmy.”

“You have no idea how thrilled the group is. Jimmy needs this. You’ve brought out a side in him that we haven’t seen in a while.”

“Really?” I asked with some intrigue. “Matt, I can’t help but think that I brought you out here just to hear you talk about my other half. Spill the beans mister.”

Matt sighed heavily and turned his attention back to the house where we could see everyone running about through a few of the windows.

“You’re the only one I can talk to Colie. I can’t get her off my mind.” He said quietly.

“Kourtney?” I gestured even though it was evident my best friend was the woman plaguing Matt’s thoughts.

“Who else would it be? She really is something else. I need some advice. You’d think that being a vampire it would be easy to do something like woo a girl but it’s not. Look at all the trouble Jimmy went through just to get to you.” Matt pointed out.

“I can see that now.” I answered him. “But what exactly do you want to know? Kourtney isn’t a complicated girl. When she thinks something she says it and when she feels something she makes it known.”

“That’s the thing. Jimmy was able to read your mind when he first saw you in school that day. I can’t break into her thoughts no matter how hard I try. I’m just afraid that I’m getting my hopes up with Kourtney.” Matt said with frustration.

“Matt calm down. I’m sure there is nothing to worry about. From what I understand the bond I have with Jimmy came pretty fast compared to vampire standards. The only advice I have is to take things slow. That way Kourtney won’t fall so fast and you can run some more tests or whatever to see if she really is the one.”

“Yeah, that seems like the most logical thing. But you don’t mind that I’m going after her then?”

I giggled at his question. “Matt, I don’t care. From what she has let on she likes you enough to play coy about the situation. On the other hand, if you ever hurt her you will have one pissed off Colie on your ass and that also means that you will have one pissed off Jimmy.”

The look on his face said that he understood my words completely. He pushed himself off the bench and held out his hand to me.

“Eh, I think I’ll stay out here for a few more minutes. I need to clear some things out of my head before I go back inside.” I said as I watched Matt’s hand fall back to his side.

A dull thud was the sound my back made as it smacked up against the trunk of the tree. The wind that had been softly blowing grew stronger which sent a few strands of my hair into my line of vision. I let them stay there as I stared at a spot on the fence.

“I can’t believe I’m alone.” I said to myself out of humor and surprise.

“Not quite.”

I clutched my chest in alarm as my breath became hitched in my throat. My heart rate was through the roof and I took a few breaths to slow it down. When I opened my eyes I just glared maliciously at Jimmy who was smiling at me.

“Why must you do that?” I whispered.

“Sorry, I keep forgetting that you’re not used to this yet.” Jimmy apologized.

“How long have you been there?”

“Not that long.” He answered. “Once I saw Matt coming back into the house I ran up into the tree. Colie, do you want me to leave you alone?”

“No, it’s ok Jimmy. Even if you left now I’m sure you’d still be in my thoughts anyway.” I answered with a chuckle.

He sighed heavily and turned so that his whole body was facing me. I mimicked his actions and gazed into his deep blue eyes.

“Colie, I don’t want you thinking that you can’t have any privacy now. I promise I’ll only use my abilities when it is needed.”

“Thanks Jimmy. That makes me feel better actually.”

The two of us sat there and smiled at each other when a sudden crash coming from the house broke the peace. Jimmy and I stood up without saying a word and walked briskly into the house. I got to the door before Jimmy and step right into the kitchen. I felt a soft crunch underneath one of my feet and lifted up my shoe to see what I had stepped on. Seeing that it was glass I looked further into the room and didn’t like what I saw.

****************************************************************************************************

I know it’s been a while but I think you guys remember how this works.

What does Colie see?

1. A broken picture frame
2. Blood splattered on the floor
3. A hole in the ceiling
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so i am SOOOOO sorry that it has taken months to get an update. college just got way to stressful for me and i needed to concentrate all of my time on that. im sorry for a lackluster update as well.