Status: I will update as much as possible. It all depends on who comments.

Changes

Day of Nerves

My fingers gripped the crumpled piece of notebook paper tighter as I kept reading the name over and over again. It seemed like someone wanted this to happen. Looking over at Kourtney’s note I saw that it was the same thing but a different name at the bottom. She gave me a look that was just as stunned as I felt at the moment.

“Do you think we should go over there or what?” I asked quietly.

“What choice do we have? We did say that we’ll go with the person who asked first.”

I reluctantly followed Kourtney as she led me to the guys who seemed to be waiting for us. She instantly sat down by Matt while I just stared at the sender of my note, well, tried to at least. Jimmy was avoiding my gaze and he seemed just as nervous as I was. Cautiously I closed in on him until I was next to him on the bench.

“So, this was from you?” I asked even though I knew the answer already.

“Yeah, but if you don’t want to go with me then I’ll completely understand.” he mumbled.

“Of course I’ll go with you Jimmy. No one else was ever going to ask me.” I lightly smirked.

“Seriously, you’ll go with me?” he questioned skeptically.

“Sure. Why not? It sounds like fun. Now, I have a question for you.”

He looked at me with no expression on his face before he said anything. “I didn’t mean to leave you the other night.” he stated quietly.

“But why did you?” I questioned. Why I hadn’t looked down at his wrist yet I had no idea.

“It was dislocated.” he said pulling his sleeve down for me to see. “All I had to do was pop it back into place.”

“You could have told me that before I ran off for help.” I muttered.

“That’s why I didn’t, because you ran off.” he said simply.

I felt stupid. Glancing down at his wrist it was as it should be. His wrist found his way into my hand as I began to examine it. Yeah, he was right. Nothing was wrong with it. It still scared me that his skin was so frigid. It wasn’t normal. Then again, Jimmy wasn’t a normal person. I let him have his arm back where it dropped back to his side. It seemed that the usual silence was going to fall between us but Zacky stopped it.

“So, Colie, going with Jimmy to the big dance then huh?” he asked with a sly smirk.

“Yes I am Zacky. Got a problem?”

Shaking his head at my question he turned away from me as the bell rang, all the while still wearing that little smirk. I forgot all about his confusing behavior when I saw my friend walk off with her date. Those two really looked cute together.

“So, I guess I’ll pick you up tomorrow night around 7?” Jimmy asked behind me.

Spinning around to face him I saw that he was staring at the ground kicking a loose rock. I just gazed at him before I said anything. This feeling of awkwardness spread over me so fast. Thoughts about how this was a bad decision were running rampant in my mind. Were Jimmy and I going to be able to even dance together without feeling weird? For me, it still felt like he was a stranger because I knew so little about him and he with me. So, I decided to take a step forward and begin the journey of learning more about him.

“Yeah, that sounds fine. Also, can you come over to my house tonight so that we can get you caught up on Biology?” I said, with the last thing being asked quite fast.

“Sure, I am getting a little behind actually.” he stated.

We parted ways after I told him when to be there and then it was off to class. Once again it was hard to concentrate with thoughts of Jimmy floated through my head. He was such an intriguing person that I had to know more. There was no way that Jimmy was always so quiet. It was impossible. Especially being friends with Matt, Johnny, Brian and Zacky. Then it hit me.

You invited him over Colie.
That’s right. I guess I did do that. What am I supposed to do? He’s expecting educational stuff and all I want is to pick at his brain.
Be honest. Sure, he might be offended that you want to spend time doing personal stuff, but he may like a break from always hitting the books with you.

“Colie Schulz, will you please pay attention? I asked that all the low woodwinds play at measure 95. Now get your bass clarinet in the playing position.” the director yelled.

Quickly bringing up my instrument I began to play with the rest of the group. With much force I pushed back thoughts of Jimmy. I would have to deal with those tonight.

A Few Hours Later

Scurrying around the house I hastily checked to see that everything was in its place. I’m not sure why I was so worried about it’s appearance. It’s not like he hasn’t been in the house before. The doorbell rang as I put the last pillow on the couch. I began to smooth my shirt a bit when I stopped myself. There was no reason I should be worried about my looks. Was there?

“Hey Jimmy.” I greeted him when I opened the door.

Jimmy offered me a warm, genuine smile as he walked into the house. I watched as he put his books and papers on the table in the kitchen and then he turned to watch my actions. Noticing that I still stood in my spot by the door I quickly went in the kitchen and prepared myself to reveal my true intent for tonight.

“Hmm…ok, ah-” I rambled. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve been this strange in front of a person.

“Something tells me that I’m not here for studying am I?” he said with a hint of humor.

“Eh, yeah, no school stuff tonight.” I said sheepishly. “I was thinking that we could do something else considering that we hardly no anything about each other.”

He nodded and then followed me into the living room. Before he came I picked out a few of my favorite movies and laid them out. God I hope he liked one of these.

“Watching a movie was the only thing that I could think of. What’ll it be Jimmy?” I asked as I held out the movies for him to pick.

*************************************************************************************

It’s Election Day, do your part and rock the vote!

SO WHAT MOVIE DOES HE PICK?

1. Phantom of the Opera
2. Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
3. Queen of the Damned
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please! i know more people read this then those who leave me comments!