Status: TO BE DELETED

Slave For Eternity.

XVI.

I lay on the bed, savoring the moment that I have in this beautiful room.

The temperature in the room, seemed to have dropped. I was all of a sudden cold.

Getting underneath the blankets seemed like a good idea.

I got up off the bed, pulling back the blanket before getting underneath and snuggling into them.

I felt like a Princess, with all the luxurious things I was receiving, it seemed like I was one.

I closed my eyes picturing myself as one. Imagination was the one thing I liked to use most late nights.

“You seem to comfortable.” His charming voice spoke.

My eyes shot open and there in the corner was the Prince himself.

“I see you found my gift.” He nodded his head towards the clothes I was wearing.

“Oh, yes thank you very much Edward.”

“It’s the least I can do, Miss.”

“May I ask you a question Edward?”

“Anything you want.” He replied, sitting himself down on the bed.

“Why are you so kind to me? After all I have done to your people all the pain I have caused upon your people; you still can stand the sight of me let alone do all this for me. Why Edward?”

He hesitated at first but answered my question sincerely “People make mistakes, you may think that killing people and doing what you did was not a mistake, but it simply is, because,” I tried to intervene but he emphasized his words before I could speak “You are a person either way, you may have your differences to everyone else but deep down you are simply a woman and you do not deserve to be treated like this, the way my brother you is just…Horrible.”

“Is there a reason why Master despises me so much?”

“During the war between our people, his first love was killed. He grieved and mourned for months on, they were in love. Our family was never really close with Emmenn, though his twin brother kept in touch.”

“Twin brother?” I questioned.

“Emmett, they look exactly alike, though act and think the complete opposite. Emmett isn’t as harmful and…Well not as horrible as Emmenn is.”

“Oh, did you lose someone to the war that was going on?” I asked, but then saw his hand clench, his hand turning whiter then his already pale complexion. “Oh, sorry I didn’t mean to pry-”

“No it is fine; I feel better talking about it.” He paused “My mother, father and I had gone out for a walk one afternoon, when we had seen a group of people cheering and shouting out vicious words, encouraging the person to fight. The opponent was badly injured, though did not stop. My father had gone over to stop the fight, though he was killed in the procession. One of the men had attacked my father before my very eyes. It was terrible. My mother was shocked at first; I stood there not understanding a thing that was going on. By the time my mother had come back to her senses the crowd of people were heading our way.” He paused; I could see it was hurting him to tell this story.

“You do not need to tell me the rest Edward.”

“No it is alright, I want to. Mother had told me to run; she said she would give me enough time to escape before they could reach me, reminding me to not turn back. I ran. I ran like my life depended on it. When I heard a scream I had turned back to see a woman attacking my mother, as the men made there way over towards me. I carried on running, until I ran into what felt like a brick wall. Only to be met with Doctor Carlisle.” He all of a sudden smiled.

“Doctor Carlisle?”

“The person who had turned me. The worst part about all of this is that the person that was involved in the fight was a vampire.”

“Oh.” Which meant that the crowd encouraging the fight, was one of my kind. “So are you saying that you weren’t a…”

“No, I was still a human, but having to witness that was terrifying.”

“Were your parents…Dead?”

“My father had died in the process, mother had survived but because she had been diagnosed with the Spanish Influenza she died later on.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be, you weren’t a part of it.”

“But what if I were? I have killed too many people to remember the amount that have died.”

“If you were to have killed them, I would blame destiny, not you Miss. You would not have been at fault; it was also my parents fault for trying to stop it.”

“How can you blame your parents for things they had done wrong, yet you always try to protect me from blaming the guilt on myself?”

“What do you remember about your family?” He questioned, ignoring my question.

“I am not going to answer your question until you answer mine.”

He sighed. “I had promised that I will protect you…”

“Unless if I were to look up.” I finished.

“And you have Miss.”

For some reason, I had not noticed how close he had gotten; he was now sitting inches away from me.

“I can’t promise that I won’t, Miss.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the lovely comments!

This chapter is actually dedicated to Princess Sparkle for making my 100th comment!

And also thank you all for the 10th star!

My mum has gotten a lot better so things have been better for me! :D