I Can't Live Without You

Chapter six

Gerards POV

Driving to school I started singing a song I wrote:

"Hand in mine into your icey blues," I sing quietly "and then I'd say to you we could take to the high way.

"What was that?" Mikey asks me when I've finished.

"Oh um just a song I wrote," I say.

In English, ny first lesson, I sat in my usual seat next to Bert. I let my hair cover my face. I look side ways at him. I can feel tears sting my eyes. I hope I don't have to work with him today. I don't think I could handle that.

The teacher starts talking but I'm not paying any attention to what she is saying. I sit there sketching. I start to draw a picture of me and Bert. He's hugging me and we both look happy. The teacher is talking about some project we are doing.

"Okay Gerard you can work with Bert," The teacher says. No no no no NO! Please no. But of course I have to work with Bert. Oh fuck how am I gonna get through this project.

At the end of the lesson Bert comes up to me.

"When do you want to work on this project?" He asks.

"I want it done as soon as possible," I say.

"Fine I'll come round yours tonight," He says. I just nod. It's not alright. It's really not okay. It'll have to be I guess.

By lunchtime I was crying again. I told Frankie and Mikey what happened with Bert haveing to work with me. The Project. Great.