I Can't Live Without You

Chapter eight

Berts POV

When I get to Gerards I knock on the door. After a few minutes when Gerard doesn't answer I can tell something is wrong. I take out my spare key and let myself in. As I walk into the house I hear a thud. What the fuck was that?

"Gerard? Gee?" I call out. I get no response. I walk up the stairs to his room. I expect to see him asleep, nothing and I mean nothing could have prepared me for what I see. Gerard, my Gerard with an empty bottle of vodka in one hand and an empty bottle of pills in the other hand. Blood is still coming out of a cut on his wrist. Oh god Gee. What have I done? I run out into the hall and grab the cordless phone. I go back into his room.

"Gee, Gee come on baby wake up," I say tears falling down my face. I call 911.

"Hello what is your emergency?" a voice on the other end answers.

"My ...Friend he he tried to kill himself," I sob.

"Okay where are you?" I give all the needed information. I was told an abulance is coming.

How could I do this to the one I love? I hope the ambulance gets here soon.

Gerards POV

My eyes are heavy. I can't open them. I can hear someone singing softly.

"I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard," after that they stop. I can hear them sobbing. Why is that voice so familliar? How do they know my lyrics? It can't be can it? Why would Bert be here? Thinking about it where am I? I slowly open my eyes and a white light fills my vision. Shit I'm in the hospital. As my eyes adjust to the light I can see Bert sitting in the chair next to my bed sobbing.

"B-bert? How did I get here?" I ask shakily.

"Gerard? Gee your awake!" Bert smiles, his face falls. "Gee I'm so sorry. I know it doesn't seem like it but I love you."

"Bert how can I believe you? You split up with me. You broke my heart I do still love you but how can I belive that you love me?" I ask tears filling my eyes.

"Oh god Gee I thought I'd lost you. You have no idea how scared I was. I've been so scared to talk to you. I love you Gerard I don't think I can live without you," He says tears filling his eyes too.

"Bert if I forgive you will you promise to never do that again. Promise to help me," I beg. I feel so help less.

"Of course, I'll help you. I'll stop shouting at and hurting you," he says. Tears pour from my eyes. He's just made me so happy. I open my arms telling him I want a hug. He comes up to the bed and gives me a hug, He's about to pull away but I draw him back down and kiss him.

I ask Bert to just hold me. He climbs on to the bed and holds me. I have missed this so much.

"I've missed you so much," he whispers in my ear.

"I've missed you to ," I mumble slipping into sleep.