So Here's to Living Life Miserable

Everything went silent

The next day I woke up rather late, so I quickly got dressed and skipped down the stairs. And I joined every one in the living room.

“Morning” I sang as I sat on the couch.

“Shhh” Ryan shushed me.

I raised a confused eyebrow and noticed they were all staring at the television.

I too turned my attention to the screen. They were watching the news.

“-The situation has escalated faster them we had anticipated. All of Nevada has, until further notice, been quarantined. No one will be coming in and no one will be allowed to leave until we get this situation back in hand”

It switched from a very important looking man to some footage.

“Earlier today Melissa Summers was on the scene of a very frightening incident, we ask that if there are any children in the room that they be removed” the voice of one of the anchor women said as the footage started.

There was a woman dressed in a sharp blue suit with a microphone, who I assumed to be Melissa.

She was approaching the policeman who was standing next to an ambulance. The paramedics were loading a stretcher into the ambulance, there was a blood stained white sheet hiding the body on the stretcher.

The newswoman was asking the policeman questions. I wasn’t paying attention to her, for some reason I couldn’t take my eyes off the stretcher.

Suddenly the paramedics looked startled.

“What the *beep*?” one called as they leapt away from the vehicle.

The body on the stretcher slowly sat up. The sheet fell off the corpse revealing a mess that was once a young man, who looked to be in his early 30s. His head was barely hanging on and chunks of flesh were missing from the poor mans badly bruised and cut up body.

People began to scream and run away franticly as the three police ‘people’ started to shoot the corpse.

Suddenly the TV turned off, and Hayley quickly ran out of the room crying.

We all just looked at each other.

Alex’s P.O.V.

We had just finished up out first show and we were all still pretty excited from the energy of the crowed.

Everything was going amazingly, the only thing that could make it better would be if Hayley were here.

“Hay Alex, you should come see this!” Swav called from the main hotel room we were sharing.

I came out of the small bathroom and sat on my bed.

On the news there was a very disturbing story.

“Apparently that shit’s been going on in a few different places in Nevada, so they’re not letting anyone in or out” Swav explained

“Oh shit! Hayley and Sara are still there!” I said mostly to myself as I dived for my bag.

“I thought they went home” Swav said sounding a little worried.

“They were going to stay a couple more days,” I explained as I finally found my phone.

“What if Sara gets into one of those situations!?” he asked sounding even more worried. Swav had always had a slight thing for my little sister.

“They wont, so don’t worry” I said as the phone started ringing, “come on Hayley pick up,” I mumbled

“Hello?” Hayley sniffed as she answered the phone

“Hay babe, what’s wrong?” I asked, “did you see the thing on the news?”

She sniffed, “yes, that’s what’s wrong”

Hayley was a very gentile and fun loving person. She couldn’t stand to see anyone in pain; she couldn’t even watch Sara get her nose pierced. So seeing that would most definitely upset her.

“Its gonna be okay. As soon as you can leave I’ll be right there to take you home” I hoped that would make her feel better.

“What if something happens to us before you get here?” she asked voice shaking.

“Nothings going to happen to you!” I insisted, “You have to stay positive!”

“Okay-“ she started to say something but was cut off by some one screaming:

“Holy Fucking Shit!”

“Oh my god” Hayley whispered starting to go into panic mode

“What!?” I yelled, “What’s going on!?”

“What’s happening?” Swav asked

I held up my finger, “Hayley?”

“I don’t know,” she whispered

I heard Sara scream she the rest of the guys yelling at each other, obviously panicking about something.

There was a gunshot. Then everything went silent on the other line, except for the slightly heavy breathing and sobbing of Hayley.

Ben had entered the room looking quite frantic.

“Are you talking to Hayley? Why did Sara hang up? What happened? Why isn’t she answering her phone!?” he asked quickly, trying to take my phone from me so he could ask Hayley.

“Dude stop! You need to calm down so I can find out!” I said pushing him away, “Hayley? What happened?”

“I don’t know” she whispered her voice was shaking, I had no doubt that she was crying, “I have to go, I love you”

“Okay-“ I said as she hung up before I could tell her I loved her too.

I took the phone away from my ear and looked at it.

“What!?” Ben asked eyes wide with fear, “what happened”

I looked up at him, “she hung up on me”

He slopped down on Swav’s bed and moaned.

“So did she say what happened?” Swav asked

I shook my head, no.

He looked down at his lap and we were all silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Subscriptions?
Sorry it's taken so long to get this out! I've been busy watching Supernatural...