So Here's to Living Life Miserable

The way we’re living makes no sense

“So how you holdin’ out without Ben?” Alex asked sleepily

“The same as I was when you asked 3 minutes ago. Why don’t you just go to bed?” I asked as I looked over the top of my book at him.

Hayley and Alex had ended up staying at my place. And Hayley decided that it would be a good idea to pull an all nighter, and it may have been if Alex had taken a really long nap that afternoon like Hayley had, or if he was an insomniac like myself. But he didn’t and he wasn’t so he was quite tired as you can probably imagine.

“I would but” he stopped to yawn, “Hayley. No. Sleep…” he trailed off incoherently.

I sighed, “Alex. Bed. Now” I mocked.

He nodded and headed to my bedroom. I smiled as I heard the door shut. Now all I had to do was get Hayley to bed.

I looked around for her but she was nowhere to be seen.

‘Oh deer’ I sighed and got up from my comfy spot on the couch to go find her. She was probably passed out in the bathroom.

And surprise, surprise she was passed out on the floor curled up on the mat.

I gently poked her side with my foot.

“What?” she mumbled

“Bed” I replied simply

She slowly nodded then got up and made her way to the bedroom. I stretched then went back out to the living room to reclaim my spot on the couch. Just as I did the phone rang:

“Hello?” I yawned

“Hey babe. Did I wake you up?” came the smooth voice of Ben sounding somewhat concerned.

“Nope” I sighed

“You sound really tired”

“I am. I’ve been baby sitting again,” I giggled

“Oh” Ben chuckled, “well I was just calling to say hi and tell you how much I love you. You sound like you’re pretty much ready to kick the bucket, so I’ll let you get whatever sleep you can”

“Alright, I love you” I smiled to myself, he’s so perfect.

“Love you too. Sweet dreams” he said and hung up.

I sighed dreamily as I too hung up. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep quickly… if at all.

“Sara” someone whispered in my ear as they poked my nose, “wake up suppers ready”

My eyes shot open, “supper?”

“Yeah. We ordered pizza” Alex smiled happily and got up from in front of me and went into the kitchen.

I got up and followed suit. When I got in the kitchen I didn’t bother to get a plate, I just sat down at the table and took a piece of pizza.

“How long have you been up?” I asked

“Long enough to order a pizza” Hayley shrugged, “so you know how we’ve wanted you to go on a vacation with us for a while now?”

“Um yeah” I raised an eyebrow quizzically.

“Well you are” Alex smiled and took a bite of his pizza, then started to talk with his mouth full, “I remembered how you always used to go on about wanting to go back to Vegas to see your friends and what not,” he swallowed, “so since you need a vacation and we just want to go on one. We decided to take you”

They were both staring at me with stupid grins plastered on their faces.

“As nice as that sounds, 1: I’d have to get permission from my boss, 2: my friends are most likely on tour promoting their new album, and they probably don’t remember me, and 3: I don’t really want to go” I explained as I got myself a drink.

Strangely their smiles never left their faces.

“1: we already got permission from your boss” Alex started

“2: we never said you had to visit friends” Hayley smiled

“And 3: we could care less if you want to go. We think you need a fun vacation to get your mind off missing Ben” Alex finished with a shrug, “Ben thinks it’s a good idea too”

I rolled my eyes. They had obviously put a fair bit of thought into this, and they have really wanted to go on a vacation with me for some odd reason or other.

I let out a defeated sigh, “fine”

They cheered and high-fived then got up and started dancing around the kitchen.

I cleared my throat to get there attention, “when are we leaving?”

“Some time tomorrow” Alex laughed as I shot up and ran to my room to pack

I liked to be ready early in case I forgot something.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
subscriptions?