So Here's to Living Life Miserable

“Really? Like what about me?”

A week had passed since the ‘zombie’ things came to be.

We were all still safely locked up inside the house. Though we had to leave soon, we were running low on food.

I had talked to Ben a couple of times to assure him that I was fine, and that we were all going to be alright. Though I didn’t really know if that last part was true or not.

We were all seated at the kitchen table eating peanut butter sandwiches around a bunch of candles in the middle of the table for light.

We still had power; we just didn’t dare use it in case it triggered something.

“So… what are we gonna do about food?” Hayley asked quietly as she finished her sandwich.

“I’ve been wondering about that myself,” I said

We were all quiet for a moment until Ryan spoke up:

“There’s a convince store close to here right?”

Brendon nodded, “you wanna try to go there?”

“Its our only shot really” Ryan shrugged, “starve to death here, or try to make it out there”

“True” I nodded in agreement, “I’m with Ryan”

Brendon and Spencer nodded in agreement too.

We all looked at Hayley.

She sighed and looked at her lap, “there’s really no other options, is there?”

I shook my head, no.

“It seems that my decision’s already been made for me” she frowned

Ryan nodded, “alright, we have enough food to get us through tomorrow. So we’ll spend the day gathering the essentials, weapons and what have you. Then tomorrow night we’ll go to the store”

We all nodded and every one except for Ryan and I left to go to bed.

We sat silently. Ryan fiddled with his fingers in thought, while I watched him.

It was sad that it had taken the fact that we were all probably going to die, for me to realise how head over heals in love I was with Ryan. After all these years I never really stopped loving him the way I used to. I had just kinda used Ben to fill the hole in my heart.

It had finally hit me a couple of nights ago, when I was on the phone with Ben.

“What?” Ryan asked quietly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

His face had gone from thinking to serious.

“Hummm?” I furrowed my brows not knowing what he wanted to know.

His face softened, “you were staring at me with your thinking face

“I was just-“ I started to tell him what I was thinking about, but I thought better of it, “thinking”

“Really” he chuckled, “I don’t think I could have figured that out, by the way you were staring at me with your thinking face”

He pulled me into a side hug. I rested my head against his chest, and he rested his head on mine.

“Now tell me what you were thinking,” he whispered into the top of my head

I sighed, he would know if I was lying, so I may as well tell him the truth.

“I was thinking about you,” I whispered

I could hear his heart start to beat faster.

“Really? Like what about me?”

I lifted my head up so I could look him in the eyes, “how much I love you, used to love you, how I’ve always loved you”

As soon as I stopped talking our lips met in a loving kiss.

When we pulled apart he was grinning like a mad man.

“I was afraid for awhile that you didn’t feel the same way,” he said happily

I smiled and shook my head, “I’d be crazy not to”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
thanks, as always, for the comment Heartbreakisforever! :D