So Here's to Living Life Miserable

I just wanted to hold your hand

When we all woke up the next morning we ate breakfast and went straight to getting things that we would need to protect our selves with, for what would normally be a 10-minute walk.

We waited until it was just dark enough for us to be hidden, but light enough for us to see.

Brendon quickly resealed the window we crept out through before we started to make our way to food and hopefully safety.

Ryan was leading the way through all the back yards, with the shotgun. Every one else was armed with large kitchen knives.

Hayley was holding on to Spencer’s arm for dear life behind me, and behind them was Brendon.

We were all walking quickly and quietly, and we were making good time. I hadn’t seen a single member of the living dead… yet.

We were walking through an alleyway that was about one street away from the store.

I quickly grabbed Ryan’s hand and forced him to stop.

“What?” he whispered

“I heard something,” I whispered back

As if on cue a zombie appeared at the entrance of the alleyway.

The man, well the thing that was once an older man, we dressed in a tattered blood stained suit.

We all instantly pressed ourselves up against the sides of the dark ally, in the hope that it didn’t see us, and wouldn’t.

I noticed it was missing its left foot, and grimiest. I looked around at everyone else, Brendon, Spencer, and Ryan all looked ready to fight. But Hayley looked like she was going to vomit or run, possibly both.

“Ryan, you shouldn’t use the gun you might attract more,” I whispered as I got my two large kitchen knives ready.

“Right” he agreed and set it down beside Hayley, “gimmy your knives”

Hayley quickly gave them to Ryan, causing him to drop them.

They fell to the ground with a clatter, which was ten times as loud as it would have been if it wasn’t to quite.

We all froze and our eyes shot to the zombie. It had started charging full speed at us. It was a lot faster then it looked.

Ryan quickly grabbed the knives, as we all got ready for the attack.

It looked like it was going straight for Spencer. But, quickly, at the last moment it went for me.

It ran right into me knocking me off my feet. I dropped my knives as we both hit the ground.

Brendon quickly kicked it off of me before it could hurt me.

Spencer quickly grabbed its legs and Ryan got its arms.

“Quick, cut its head off!” Ryan hissed

They looked like they were having trouble keeping a hold of it.

I quickly got my butchers knife off the ground, and with four quick hacks to its neck it was decapitated.

Ryan quickly hugged me as soon as he and Spencer dropped the body

“Are you alright?” he whispered into my hair

“I’m fine” I sighed, “is everyone okay?’

They all nodded

“Alright, lets hurry” Ryan said as he let me go and grabbed the shotgun.

We all grabbed our knives and hurried after Ryan in the same order as before.

I felt really bad for that poor man. He probably had a nice family, a wife and kids, an animal of a sort. The whole bit. And there was a good chance they were all dead too.

I grabbed a hold of Ryan’s hand again, just for the sake of it this time.

I felt, and saw, him tense up.

“Did you hear something?” he asked as he slowed down

“No”

“Then what?” he asked as he relaxed somewhat.

“I just wanted to hold your hand” I smiled
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
sorry It's taken so long to get this out!