So Here's to Living Life Miserable

I’m not sorry

We finally made it to the convenience store.

We were all hiding beside the dumpster beside the back door in the alleyway behind the store.

“One of us should go make sure the place is safe,” Hayley said

We all looked at each other, waiting for someone to volunteer.

I sighed and looked at the door, “I’ll go,” I said as I got up.

“No!” Ryan hissed and pulled me back down

“Why not? I’m just as capable as everyone else is. I just seem to be the only one with enough ‘balls’ to go in,” I snapped as I stood back up

“Do you really want to argue about this right now?” Ryan asked as he too stood up, “I said you can’t go in, so you’re not! Stay out here with Hayley and Brendon, and Spencer and I will go in and look”

“Excuse me!” I said, abit taken back.

“Sara please just-“ Brendon began

“Bren shut up!” I cut him off, “I don’t know what’s gotten into you, but you can’t tell me what I can and can’t do! I’m a grown woman, and I can think and act for myself”

There were some screams coming from near by, so Ryan and I quickly knelt back down.

Ryan put a hand on my shoulder, “listen. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to come off like I’m trying to control you-“

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, crossing my arms.

“Just listen,” he whispered pleadingly, “I just think it would be best for Hayley and Brendon if you stay out here with them”

“What? Why?” I raised an eyebrow

“Have you ever seen Brendon try to fight?” he smiled

I nodded my head

“Then you should understand why I want you out here with them” he said and stood, like the felt the argument was over

“Why can’t Spencer stay with them?” I asked as Spencer stood up

“Sara, please” Ryan whispered with pleading eyes

“You know what? Fine, go. I don’t care,” I said childishly

Ryan shook his head as he and Spencer opened the back door.

Ryan peered inside, then walked in with Spencer right behind him.

“This is stupid” I scoffed as I rested my back on the dumpster and crossed my arms again.

“Sara this really isn’t the time to be childish” Hayley whispered, “You know he only had your best interest in mind”

“Oh yeah, because I’m so much safer out here” I shook my head, “lets just drop it”

We stayed quiet for a few minutes until Spencer poked his head out the door.

“It’s all clear,” he whispered

We all quickly jumped up and hurried in. Spencer dead bolted the door behind us, and then I helped him push a very heavy filing cabinet in front of the door. As Brendon and Hayley made their way into the main part of the store.

It was quite dark in the store. I had to stick my hand out in front of me to make sure I wouldn’t walk into anything.

“Ryan found a flashlight and some candles” Spencer said as we entered the main part of the store.

Brendon, Hayley, and Ryan were all seated on the floor, behind the cash register, around a candle.

I could see the people who were here before us had already boarded up the windows.

Spencer and I joined them around the candle.

“So what now?” I asked, “We can’t stay here forever”

“Can’t you just enjoy the fact that we’ve made it here in one peace for two minutes?” Ryan snapped

“I could, but I don’t really feel like it at the moment” I snapped back, “what crawled up your ass and died anyway?”

Ryan glared at me then got up and walked off to the other side of the store.

Brendon gave me a disapproving, sad, look as he too got up and went over to Ryan.

“What was that look for?” I asked

“For being childish,” Brendon replied simply

“Excuse me! I’m being childish?” I said slightly offended.

I wasn’t the only one being ‘childish’, as Brendon put it. I was trying to be serious and then Ryan decided to be snippy with me. Of course I was going to stand up for myself! But I’m the only one getting in trouble for it? That seams very unfair!

“Yes. You both are” Hayley said as she stood up, “Ryan, you have a flashlight, right?”

“Yeah” he mumbled

“Come on we need to have a good old heart to heart” she said

They walked back into the small hallway that lead to the back door.

I could now see, thanks to Ryan’s flashlight, that there were three other doors in the hallway. Two were bathrooms, and the other was an unmarked door.

Hayley and Ryan went into the unmarked room.

Brendon came back over to Spencer and I with a bag of chips.

“I’m sure if you just say you’re sorry he’ll forgive you” Brendon said as he offered me some chips

“Yes, I’m sure he would. But I’d rather not lie to him” I shrugged and ate a chip.

Ketchup, my least favourite. Ick.

“You’d be lying?” Spencer asked

I nodded, “I have nothing to say sorry for, so I’m not sorry. Therefore if I told him that I was, I’d be lying”

Brendon was about to say something, when we heard Hayleys ear splitting scream
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thanks to my lovely commenters/readers, you make my day better with your commenting/reading!