So Here's to Living Life Miserable

The loss of yet another friend

“So apparently Jimmy’s been holding up here since the beginning of the out break” Ryan explained as he and Spencer lead us upstairs to meet a man they found hiding in a room.
“He’s been communicating with the army or something” Spencer added, “and they’re trying to find a way to come save him, well us now”
“That’s great” Scott said enthusiastically as Ryan and Spencer came to a stop
“This is it” Ryan smiled as he opened the door and let everyone in.
Ryan took my hand as we entered the room and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and kissed him back.
“Would you two cut that out” Brendon complained, “you’re making me sick”
“Psh, you’re just jealous because you aren’t getting to kiss Ryan” I said jokingly
“Oh, you caught me. I’m jealous because you get to make out with Ryan and I don’t” Brendon said sarcastically, “I’ve just always wanted to shove my tongue down his throat”
“Its good that you can openly admit that” Spencer smirked
Brendon shot him a glare; “just introduce us to your friend”
“Oh yeah!” Ryan said excitedly, “Everyone this is Jimmy. Jimmy this is Sara, Brendon, Scott, and Jade”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you” Jimmy said as he swivelled around in his chair away from his computer.
He looked like he hadn’t slept in days. His eyes were an icy blue and blood shot, which was a little scary. He looked to be in his early 30’s. He was pretty fit, and had a nice build.
“So I take it these two already told you that I’ve been talking to some people who are gonna get us out of here, right?” he asked as he pushed this thick black rimmed glasses up his nose, and flipped his dark red bangs out of his face.
“Yeah” Scott nodded, “so you know when?”
“Nope. Not yet I’m afraid” Jimmy shook his head, “but, hopefully sooner then later”
“I hear that” Ryan said with a chuckle as he led me to the bed, and made me sit on his lap.
“So who wants to have a game of cards?” Jimmy asked as he swivelled back around and started rooting through a desk drawer.
“Ah! I do!” Brendon and Scott cried in unison
I couldn’t help but smile at them. I sighed happily and leaned back on Ryan.
“So, can I ask why you’re suddenly being so lovie dovie?” I asked quietly as I turned my head to look at Ryan.
He shrugged, “because I love you?”
I laughed and rolled my eyes. But stopped quickly as a sharp pain started up in my shoulder.
“What’s wrong?” Spencer asked
“Um, what?” I asked as I looked at everyone, to see that they were all looking at me with concern.
“Well you just made your I’m-in-pain-but-I’m-trying-to-hide-it face” Brendon explained
“Oh… I have a I’m in pain but I’m trying to hide it face?” I asked, a little confused
“Yeah, so what’s wrong” Spencer pushed
“My, ah, stomach hurt a little” I shrugged, “but it stopped”
“Oh, all right” Ryan smiled and rested his head on my shoulder.
Jimmy, Scott, and Brendon started to play a card game. And Spencer and Jade were playing some magical make-believe game. While Ryan and I laid down on the bed, just resting and occasionally talking. It was nice to relax for a change.
Too bad all that was cut short by a loud crash from down stairs. Everyone jumped and looked at each other.
Ryan grabbed his shotgun and Spencer grabbed his kitchen knives, I still had Scott’s gun hidden in my pants.
We all rushed to the door. I was about to open it, until I was pulled back by a belt loupe on my pants.
“Come on! What are you doing?” I exclaimed as I slapped Brendon’s hand away
“You’re not going anywhere” Brendon said firmly, “we need you here”
I rolled my eyes and looked a Ryan.
“It would make them feel better” he smiled sweetly
I sighed, “Fine, I always miss all the fun”
I crossed my arms and pouted as Ryan and Spencer took off out the door.
I walked back over to the bed and plopped down, my plan was to just sit there and sulk until Ryan and Spencer got back. I should have been down there fighting with them, not stuck up here baby-sitting.
“So I take it you don’t like missing out on all the action?” Jimmy asked as he sat beside me on the bed
“Is it that obvious?” I asked in mock surprise
Jimmy laughed, “Just a little. So you and Ryan are a thing?”
“Um… yeah I guess, why?” I raised an eyebrow
“Just trying to make polite conversation that you might actually be interested in” he shrugged
“Oh… so are you seeing anyone?” I asked just to be polite
“Nope, not at the moment” he smiled then a look of realisation came over his face, “you think I’m hitting on you don’t you?”
“What? No, actually I didn’t even think of that until you said it” I laughed
“So” Jimmy said to everyone, “how long have you all been together?”
“Well Sara, Spencer, Ryan, and I have been together since the beginning, but Jade and Scott just recently joined us,” Brendon explained
“Oh” Jimmy nodded, “it must have been nice having people around. I myself have been alone then entire time, with my computer”
“Well that’s not so-“ I was cut off my a heart stopping scream from down stairs
I jumped up off the bed and ran to the door, only to be once again pulled back by Brendon.
“Brendon let go! One of them is hurt!” I cried as I franticly tried to get away
Brendon gave me a remorseful look, “I really didn’t want to have to do this”
He suddenly slammed my head into the wall, making everything fuzzy. And, of course, my head started to pound. All that mixed with the pain from my arm just plain sucked.
“Ow Bren! What the fuck was that!” I yelled in anger as I held my head
“Oh God! I’m so sorry, it was suppose to knock you out!” he said franticly as he tried to give me a hug.
“No Bren get away, you don’t deserve a hug” I said as I ran away from him
“I’m sorry,” he said as he gave me a puppy dog pout
“I suppose I can forgive you, but I need to go help- Ryan!” I exclaimed as Ryan came into the room looking quite down.
He looked up at me and shook his head. I ran over and gave him a tight hug. He quickly put his arms around me and returned it, as he snuggled his face into the crook of my neck and started to cry.
“They t-took him out into the s-street and they… they” he sobbed
“Shhh, just calm down. Then you can tell us,” I said soothingly as I stroked his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to get out, I hope it's okay. I had to force it out, due to writers block :(
Anywho, thanks to PromEqualsHalloween and Heartbreakisforever for commenting!