So Here's to Living Life Miserable

Your gonna kill the poor girl!

“So where do you wanna go?” Alex asked as we got our luggage.

“Well I kinda want to go see my old house” I shrugged as I got my suitcase

“Alright” Alex nodded and grabbed his last suitcase.

We went out and hailed a cab then went to our hotel and dropped our luggage off in our room. We then hailed another cab. I told the driver the address, and we were on our way.

I was quite excited to see my old home. But at the same time I was a little uneasy. I knew someone would have changed it by now and I wasn’t really sure I wanted to see how it had changed. I wanted it to be exactly as I remembered it, worm and inviting. Not to say that it wont still be. It was just me not wanting to let go of how it was before… well you know.

“We’re here” the cab driver stated then told us how much it was. Alex paid the guy.

The cab drove away leaving us stranded on the curb stupidly staring at my old house.

“This obviously wasn’t very well thought through” I sighed

“Yeah. Why did we bother to get out of the cab?” Hayley asked

Alex shrugged, “we can always get another”

I walked over to the house next door. The Urie’s. Mrs. Urie’s car was in the driveway so I decided to pay her a visit while I was here.

“What are you doing?” Alex asked

“I’m gonna visit Mrs. Urie” I shrugged and pushed the doorbell and waited a moment.

I was greeted by the last person I thought I would ever see.

“Brendon?” I asked wide-eyed

“Um yeah. Who are- Oh My God! Guys Come Quick!” he called as he realised who I was.

Brendon leapt out of the doorway and gave me the biggest hug I had ever had. As Ryan appeared in the doorway with Spencer and the guy I didn’t really know.

“Um Bren your gonna kill the poor girl if you don’t let go soon” Ryan joked

“No! I’m never letting go! Never ever, ever” he yelled childishly

“So you really do know them,” Alex said surprised. He had never really believed me.

“Who are you?” Brendon asked loosening his death grip on me.

“Oh, that’s my brother Alex” I pointed and Alex raised his hand, “and his girlfriend Hayley”

“Nice to meet you” Brendon nodded

“So Bren who’s your friend?” Spencer asked

Brendon shot him a very offended look, “you don’t remember?”

“Obviously not” Ryan shrugged

“It’s Sara!” he yelled at them

Ryan’s jaw dropped and Spencer’s eyes went wide, and the other one looked utterly confused.

“Like Sara. The one you and Ryan always go on about Sara?” the guy asked

Brendon nodded, “that’s the one”

“You talk about me?” I asked, a bit unsure if that was a good thing.

“Of course” he smiled proudly, “come on lets go inside”

“Alright” I nodded, and headed inside with Alex, Hayley, and Brendon following close behind me.

We all sat in the living room that looked just as I remembered it. Clean white walls, black couches and matching chair and a glass coffee table in the middle. The TV was still in the same place but they had replaced the old one with a newer flat screen and there were a few newer toys, like a DVD player and a PS2. All Brendon’s school pictures were hung proudly on the wall behind the couch just like they had always been. The carpet was same crappy stained baby blue one I remembered.

“So ah, I never caught your name” I smiled at the guy I didn’t know

“Oh” he laughed, “Jon”

“Nice to meet you” I nodded, “well, I’m rather surprised you guys aren’t on tour or something”

“Well we were, but… ah. Ryan’s girlfriend died so we came back for the funeral tomorrow. And when we got here this morning we found out that we’ll be staying a bit longer then we thought” Brendon explained

“Why?” Hayley asked

“My mom’s sick” Spencer said sadly looking down at his feet.

I remembered how nice Mrs. Smith always was to me, “oh my god, is she going to be okay?”

“I hope so. But the doctors aren’t quite sure yet” Spencer sighed

“Well I’m sure she’ll be okay. She was always a strong woman” I smiled reassuringly, “so what else had been going on with you guys?”

They all started to babble on about there times on tour, places they’ve been, people they’ve met, and everything in-between.

“So where are you guys staying?” Ryan asked after finishing a quite odd story about Pete Wentz.

I told him the name of the hotel and Brendon made an odd noise and scrunched up his face.

“You’ll be staying here. That place isn’t good enough for the likes of you three” Brendon said as he stood, “come on lets go get your stuff”

“Are you sure we don’t want to impose” Alex asked

“Of course I’m sure. You’re not imposing at all, I did offer after all” Brendon shrugged as he grabbed a set of car keys off the small table next to the front door.

“Alright I guess,” I said as I too stood up, “I’ll come with you. You two stay here, it’d be rather pointless if we all go”

“Alright” Alex nodded and Hayley shrugged

“Um maybe someone other then Brendon should take you” Jon said looking somewhat worried.

“Yeah that’s probably a good idea. Spencer you should go” Ryan nodded

“Why?” I raised an eyebrow

“He isn’t the best of drivers” Spencer chuckled

“Hay!” Brendon glared at Spencer, “I can drive just fine!”

“Whatever. I’m sure Brendon can drive just fine!” I said before a stupid fight broke out, “Lets go!”

I pushed Brendon out the door and to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
subscriptions?