Song of the Siren

Crash

Disclaimer: I do not own PRDT or any of the charries. The Siren Project idea however is mine! Thank you!

Ethan’s house

Ethan walked into the living room and immediately sat down on the couch. He was comfortable and nothing was going to make him move. He flicked on the TV to watch the news. It wasn’t like anything interesting was going to be on the news, really there had been no monster attacks for almost a full week and he was feeling pretty good.

His mom walked in and made a crack about the news reporter’s outfit and they began to laugh. Suddenly the two words breaking news flashed across the screen. Ethan found his attention caught, slightly. Realty slapped him across the face. It wasn’t that the person reporting at the scene was a friend of his (Cassidy), or the twisted metal behind, it was what she said that caught his attention.

“Apparently the man, Eric Ford, died on impact. His wife, Joanne, is listed in critical condition. What is puzzling the police though at the scene is the fact that their daughter, Kira, who was allegedly with them as they left their relatives’ house is no where to be found…all that they found was this.” Cassidy held up a broken guitar. No, reality hadn’t slapped him across the face; it dropped on him like a ton of bricks. “This is Cassidy Cornell of the Reefside evening news, signing off.” Ethan saw Cassidy’s eyes were red. He saw she had been crying, who wouldn’t if they had to report at the death of one of their friends.
Ethan grabbed his cell phone and as quick as he could, dialed Conner’s number.

“CONNER! DID YOU SEE?! CAN YOU BELIEVE?!”

“No, I saw…I just can’t.” Ethan heard a strangled sob.

“Does Trent know?”

“Yeah, I just called him; he’s calling Doctor O right now.”

“How did this happen?”

“Some jerk going the wrong way.”

“No, I mean, how did her body disappear?”

Ethan heard silence on the other line. Conner was just as clueless as he was at the moment.

Mesogog’s hidden lab

The smell was absolutely foul. Even though her nose was broken, she could still smell the scent of blood and half decayed flesh. “Mix it all in with mildew and, you had essence of Catacomb.” Kira thought to herself. She had tried to take a look around and had regretted it. Some slimy things were floating in jars. Not normal things, things with extra legs, extra eyes, NO eyes, missing parts, organs floating outside the body, she also saw something that looked like a half developed fetus with fins attached to its back and claws that were crooked. She tried so hard not to barf. The final things she saw was a tray of tools and green tube with liquid in it, wires were attached to something long since dead. (It looked to Kira like a failed cloning attempt of some sort. She was happy it didn’t succeed, whatever it was)

These were surgical tools and they were spotlessly clean. Little did Kira know she was lying on the same operating table Zeltrax was created on. Little did she know this was Mesogog’s other lab that was hidden deep into the base of the fortress, far from the prying eyes of his soldiers. All she knew was she didn’t like this place and she couldn’t move, her legs were crushed, her body, broken. A dark fog moved in to take her away when the metallic shriek of and old door woke her up.

Kira heard the click of booted feet on the damp tiles of the floor and a dry, familiar reptilian smell. She was half conscious when a gentle voice said, “You won’t be needing this anymore.” Kira felt the taloned hand slowly remove her bracelet, the one that contained the gem. “NO!” she cried, moving a hand and grabbing his wrist. Mesogog smiled at her. “Oh really?” he replied, trying to take the bracelet once more.

Kira’s whole body complained as she whipped herself around to bite Mesogog’s hand. “Why do you still fight yellow ranger?” he muttered to her, “You have lost most of your blood, both legs are broken, your ribs, crushed, and you yourself, completely crippled yet here you are, inches from the caring jaws of death and here you are fighting me, or at least trying to. Why yellow ranger, do you still fight?”

Kira let go of his hand and spit out some blood. “I pledged my life to fighting for the good side. Defeating evil at every corner, such as you! I am going to fight, until every drop of blood and every drop of whatever else I got left in me leaves me to defeat you! To heck with the broken bones! THAT is why I fight!” The dark fog slowly began to cloud her vision again. NO! Kira thought as she struggled to stay awake. She fought the dark tooth and nail but it was in vain. Kira slumped and was still.

Mesogog took the bracelet and the gem from Kira’s wrist. As much as he needed the gem, he couldn’t leave such a will to live wasted. Turning to an old computer, he opened a file that held the plans to his most precious weapon. With a sense of finality he opened it. It activated a robotic helper which clanked as it walked over to the operating table. Mesogog wrapped his hand around a scalpel and raised it.
“You fight for this cause now, that is the reason you now fight dear, my Siren” He whispered in her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, all who are not familiar with the newer power rangers series this one takes place during Power Rangers: Dino Thunder. Just thought you ought to know!