Rise Above This

Twelfth Letter

Dear Krista;

I bet you’re wondering just exactly why you got so involved with that boy. Why out of all the boys you dated he is the one that got under your skin and burrowed so deep that he even haunts your every dream.

You’re going to feel so stupid for caring so damn much.

To top everything off when you finally do move on after seven months, it’s one of his friends that you like and likes you in return. You knew this could be bad; it will be.

He’s going to get mad, argue, and pretty much walk entirely out of your life.

You’ll cry all night and go into school the next day to take the PSAT with red puffy eyes and look absolutely horrible and sleep deprived.

Of course you’re always happy and bubbly so when you aren’t people will always treat it as if it’s the apocalypse. This won’t put you in any better of a mood.

So basically you just lost your best friend and your first love all because of one boy that might turn out to be nothing.

It isn’t going to be fun and it’s going to hurt.

But really, why should you feel bad for finally moving on? You and Al weren’t exclusive, you weren’t even anything! What right does he have to be angry?

This is going to be your first taste of heartbreak.

But you’ve picked yourself up from other obstacles, you can do it this time too. What choice do you have? No moment, good or bad, lasts. Time moves on because it has to and so do you.

Of course it won’t be instantaneous and it will be hard but you have friends, family, other guys eager to flatter you and keep you distracted.

No one can replace him though and it’s going to be a slow letting go process. Maybe one day you two will at least be friends again.

But in the mean time remember the only dreams that matter are the ones you have while you’re awake. Don’t bother holding onto those dreams involving him at night. Don’t bother crying for him, if he’s so willing to toss you away then he is not worth a single second of your time. Don’t bother being sad, you have a life to live and things to accomplish.

You’ll rise above this.

Forget this night when the night is no more.
Whom do I try to clasp in my arms? Dreams can never be made captive.
My eager hands press emptiness to my heart and it bruises my heart.


<3 Krista