Rise Above This

Twenty-first Letter

Catherine,

I know that right now is the single most terrifying moment of these past seventeen years you have spent on this earth. You close your eyes and see all of your future plans going up in smoke, you can't stop crying and you can't believe how dumb you were to get yourself into this kind of situation; After all, you're not that kind of girl.

But, Let me tell you something sweetie, you're not dumb. I know you won't believe that, but you absolutely need to. Everyone makes mistakes and this one, believe it or not, isn't going to matter in the long run. You may be asking "How is that true?", but trust me on this one, honey. You will be just fine and you'll get out of this with your head held high.

First things first, You're scared. Take a deep breath and call Marie, she'll be upset but she will never let you down. I know you think that she'll be disappointed and disgusted in you, but she loves you as if you were really her little sister, and she would do anything to help you. Tell her everything, how you feel, what happened, what you want to do and all of your fears. She is your confidante.

Then, You need to talk to Eddy. I know how scary that is right now and how much you don't want to, but it needs to be done. He'll be upset with your original plan, but you need to stand your ground. It is your body and your choice, this may involve him but it is not about him. Give him time to cool off, he'll come around and want to help however he can.

Now, the hard part, tell mom and dad. Trust me, you'll want to start with mom. It's frightening, telling your mother that you're pregnant, I know. But, honestly, she loves you anyway. And dad? He'll scream, he'll call you a name or two and he'll leave for two days. I know you'll cry, I wish I could stop that from happening, but I can't.

When he comes home, give him a hug. He loves you and wants the best for his one and only baby girl, he's just scared that you're going to end up like Grandma Joan. Stuck in a horrible marriage and a dead end job with six kids to feed. I know what he said before hurt, but you'll forgive him, you need you're daddy.

I know, after all of this you'll think you're in the clear and nothing worse could happen. I'm sorry, but you're sorely mistaken. Granted, the next few days will seem alright. You need to cherish them. Hold them tightly and don't let go. Smile, laugh, live your life to the fullest. You might even get used to the idea of becoming a mother.

But, as you learned years ago, all good things must come to an end. You'll wake up in a cold sweat, shaking and sick to your stomach. It'll be almost midnight and that sets in will be almost unbearable. You'll know what's going on, and it'll break your heart. Mere days after accepting your situation, you'll lose that little bundle you've already names.

Kennedy Anson Kale, or, Cadden Blaire Callahan.

S/he's gone and you'll cry. But you need to learn from this. Pick your head up and understand that all of this happened for a reason. You'll realize what time of boy Eddy really is, you'll see how much your friends and family really love you and you'll know exactly how strong you are. Because you've gone through so much to let this take you down.

Maybe one day, you'll become a mother and love that child twice as much, for the loss of this one. And maybe one day, you'll meet a man who will truly love you and take care of you. But for now. Smile, love and cry when you hurt. Just remember, honey, you will rise above this.

XOX
Catherine
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo... Yeah.