Rise Above This

Twenty-Fifth Letter

Dear Jill,

Calm down, honey. Don’t cry. Tomorrow is your first year of High School! I know that ever since January, everything has been tough on you, since your Aunt passed away, but it’s getting better. Really, it is. I know you don’t realize this now, but your freshman year of High School is really going to be your absolute favorite. You’ll make tons of new friends, and even meet one special boy who turns your world upside down. You’ll finally fall in love, with hopes of him liking you back.

See, here’s how it is. He’s a grade older than you, but you still have one class with him. And, darling, let’s just say that it’ll be your favorite class of the day. At first, you won’t even realize he exsists. Sure, you’ll see him, think he’s kind of cute, but you just think that he won’t like you back – at all. So, you brush away the feelings and live life without him.

Then, at the end of September, you’ll have your first conversation with him, when you ask him what his favorite football team is. Actually, while you were talking to your best friend, Brook, you’ll notice him staring at you, and that impels you to ask him. Then, not even days later, you’ll add him on Myspace, in hopes of him finally having a longer conversation. My dear, your wish comes true.

He ended up talking to you, and then day after day, you guys talk more and more. Soon, you’ll talk to each other everyday. Your first freshman homecoming won’t be too bad. You’ll see him dancing with another girl, you’ll cry into your best friends shoulder, then you’ll move on and remember that he kept looking over at you and kept smiling at you, shyly waving hi. It makes your night.

But, beware. During November, drama enters full-speed. Brook will tell him that you like him. At first, you’ll feel apathetic, and like the world is going to end. But it boosts up once you find out that in truth, he likes you back - he just isn’t ready for a girlfriend.

Everything will calm down again, except for the fact that for the first week or so, things will seem awkward. You’ll try to keep your distance between you and him, only to realize that it was the wrong thing to do, once he asks you why you never talked to him anymore. After you apologize over and over, he’ll just laugh and you two will be back to normal. No worries.

Just once you think the drama is over, your ex-boyfriend will ask you out again, explaining that he’s liked you for two years and that he just can’t get over it. You remember what your crush said before, about there being a definite chance in the future, and realize that you like your ex – just not as much as you like your crush. So, after crying into your pillow for the entire night, trying to figure out what to do, you realize that you need to wait for your crush. You break your ex’s heart, again, and you’ll feel terrible. You’ll wish that you two could just stay friends, but things will be too awkward since he said he wasn’t going to talk to you anymore and called you a bitch.

Then, once again, life’ll get back to normal. You and your crush will go back to quietly flirting, and you just want him to ask you out already! Thanksgiving break comes and goes. Christmas break comes and goes, and your heart aches to see your crush again.

Once you are back in school, you realize that there is only a couple weeks left of the semester and you and your crush will no longer have classes together. It breaks your heart, but once the new semester starts, you’ll still get to see him some – thought not near as much.

So, Jill, here you are. Three more months left of school, and you wish that school would never let out. You’re praying that it could last forever, but even the best of things have to come to an end at some point.

So, while you’re crying into your pillow, the night before your first day of High School, read this letter and realize that this will be the best year of your life. Live life to the fullest, because everything will turn out right. Keep your head up, and keep smiling because this will be a year you’ll never forget.

Much love,
Jill.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boy, did I wish I knew that before. Haha. (:
But really, freshman year is the absolute best year of my life. I wish it would never end<3