Rise Above This

Twenty-Sixth Chapter

Dear Manda,

When you're a sophomore, you're going to dump Joe. That turns out okay, don't worry. You won't be sad and depressed, thank goodness, because remember when you promised yourself that you'd never let a boy run your life and mess you up?

Unfortunately, that promise is in danger of being broken May 19th, 2009.

The beginning of sophomore year you meet John. Remember? He's part of the reason you dumped Joe in the first place. He asks you out that fateful day and suddenly, your head spins so fast you can barely stand straight.

You start to question everything you've ever believed in when it came to love, life, your morals, and yourself.

You know you should be cautious - after all, you are in high school, and these things don't last forever.

You find out he's bisexual. Fine. That's honestly no big deal to you.

Everything is going along fantastically. You leave for the summer, and you miss each other quite terribly, but you return and things are so much better than before, and the feeling you have is absolutely incredible.

All of the songs you listen to remind you of him. All the stories you write have happy endings. All the dreams you have are of him, and you smile all the time. You're the happiest you've been in the longest time.

You forget everything you worried about before and just let loose. You gave everything you had to him. You almost make what could have been the biggest mistake ever, and then, horror of horrors…

You find out he's gay.

Everything you thought you knew has just been thrown back at you in the biggest form of chaos. All the promises you made to each other were flushed down the toilet with your happiness.

"I'll always love you." Love? Forget it. You find out he never loved you in the first place.

"We'll always be friends, no matter what." Friends? You can barely look at him without experiencing this overwhelming feeling of sadness.

You try to find a way to be around each other, but how can you? After you were in each other's lives for six months in such an intense and amazing way, how can you go to just being friends?

Almost four months later, things are worse than ever between you two. It seems he's insanely into this other person - normally, you wouldn't have a problem with that - except the other person? Is a girl. How is that for a slap in the face?

But during this hurtful period, you find out who your true blue best friends are, and she helps you out more than anyone. You guys are going to be best friends forever, don't worry. She's been there for you every step of the way, and she's helps you get through what seems to be a tragedy at the time, but in reality, it's just another obstacle you end up having to overcome.
You still don't know how this deal with him is going to end. But just remember, that no matter what happens, you will rise above it.

Stay strong, xoxo.
Love, Manda. ♥