Rise Above This

Third Letter

Dear Pansy,

You’re finally a freshman, and I know your mom made you get out of your old school to be in this new lame one. Soon you’ll find out, it’s not so lame, but don’t get fooled.
You’ll meet a boy, you always do, his name is Carlos, and the moment you throw that first smile at him, he’ll fall for you. Of course, you fell for him two. In two weeks you ruled each other’s worlds. This relationship will be one big rollercoaster.

First, things will be smooth, he deals with soccer on a daily basis, you deal with your old friends on a daily basis. Suddenly, things will seem to change, soccer will soon be out of his life as much as your old friends will be out of yours. You two will bond and you’ll know everything about each other. You will believe you fell in love. He will rule your world.

As I said, don’t get fooled. As soon as things got good, they’ll get bad. The fighting will become a daily routine, and sooner or later it will turn into name calling. You wont respect each other.
You two will break up three times in total – the third being the last, never getting back together.

First, it will be a break and he’ll be a sweet talker, trying to get you back. He’ll cry and tell you how much he needs you, and you believe you do too. You don’t.
If he doesn’t get you the nice way, he’ll try to go for the hard way. He’ll stalk you and call you names. But don’t worry, you’ll rise above this.

You’ll stop taking the insults in and give him some yourself. You’ll fire back. If he wants war, he’ll get it. The day he decides to insult your mom publicly online, you’ll know you’ve had it and you don’t need him. You never did. He was just an asshole who got lucky.

Because, babe, you’re so much better than this, you’re your own person, and you can live without some douchebag living in your shadow. You don’t need the constant making out and arguing.
You’ll learn that humans are born alone and they die alone. You’ll learn to love and respect yourself above anyone else.

And about him? Those seven months of dating and three months of aftermath were terrible, I’m sure. He gave you hell. But, as all humans should, you’ll forgive and forget.

He wont get the pleasure of calling himself your boyfriend again, no he wont. But keep him as a friend, he scarred your life and you scarred his. He made you mature, and it’s not bad to talk those type of things over. Both of you will learn to respect each other as well as yourselves.

Keep an eye out for the good ones and the good times. Take chances, that’s what they’re for. Live your life with no regrets.

Sincerely,
Pansy
♠ ♠ ♠
fkdsjfhakjhfkjds

xoxo
Pansy