Rise Above This

Eighth Letter

Dear Haley,

It's no secret that you like to party, even if you don't get to very often. It's true, you'll start spending your weekends just spending time with your best friend, let's say Lauren. Not that you mind that at all, it's just not the party either of you really want. Eventually, you'll singing along to "Mirrors" by Envy On the Coast with Gunz most Sunday nights.

Gunz really has nothing to do with you not doing anything on the weekends. The version of you writing this letter just likes to drop names. Anyway, Lauren will eventually start dating a guy you don't approve of. However, being the good friend you are, you will give him a chance and start to warm up to him and realize he's not so bad.

Finally, Lauren and you will be starting to live a little. Both of you are invited to more parties and hang out with more people. Some friends the grade below you will want to party too. You'll make plans to camp in one of your friend's back yard after a football game and buy a half gallon of vodka to party with.

After the football game, all four of you (you, Lauren, Jill, and another friend) will go to one of your friend's house, his name can be Tim, to kind of chill with a few friends that go to the local public school. When you get there, you're not allowed to drink because you have to drive out to your friend's house.

While you're there, you manage to see Tim's stepbrother named Brandon. You notice he's a bit cute, and a bit old; he's twenty-one. That doesn't mean you can't look right?

Well, when everyone is getting ready to leave Tim's house, he tells all four of you that they will probably have a party the next night, a Saturday, if y'all want to go then. So, everyone leaves and goes to camp and gets wasted in the tent.

All night, you complain how you don't have a boyfriend but wish you did so you could sleep with him because you're tired of being a virgin. Jill tells you could sleep with Brandon. Sounds like a plan to you at the time. Keep in mind you're totally trashed.

The next day you all wake up tired and cranky and still half drunk. You go eat McDonald's and make plans to stay at Tim's house that night and tell your parents you're staying with someone else.

Well, when you get there that night, you have to wait with Tim and one of his friends Adam while Lauren and Jill come back from a concert they went to. When they get there, you're already tipsy, just waiting for them to get the rest of the vodka that was left over.

Few hours later, you and Lauren are too far gone and Jill and Tim are just laughing at you. Soon, Jill and Lauren's boyfriends come over and bring along a friend of theirs which you will stare at all night. Don't freak out when Jill and Tim tell you that you did this, you and the guy will be cool next time you two see each other and he'll forgive you. But you should be proud you at least made him blush.

Well, right when all the other guys are leaving, Brandon decides to come in. He whispers not so innocent things to you and you can't help but smirk. I'm sure it's obvious at that point, even as drunk as you will be, you will hook-up with Brandon.

The next morning, again, you will wake up drunk, not remembering very much from the night. It'll take you a few minutes to figure out what's going on when you wake up next to a pants-less twenty-one year old.

Of course you will be just a little upset, so you'll talk to one of your oldest best friends about it. She's been your best friend since you were five and you're sure you can trust her. A word of advice: Don't.

This so called "best friend", Leah, will go tell people and deny it. She will also tell the loudmouth of school. Soon it will be all over school and it seems that everyone knows and is giving you such a hard time. It's like you hardly have any friends anymore.

Trust me, it's going to be hard for you to cope with everyone knowing your business. You'll cry everyday for hours. Some of those so-called "friends" will try and tell you that you're going to get pregnant even though you used a condom. Alot of people will give you shit for him being twenty-one. You will be a wreck for a long time, but that's okay. You really have a right to be.

It will take you a few days to realize you don't regret what happened. At that point, you'll remember most of what happened, and you'll feel much better about it. In fact, you will realize just how glad you are that it happened the way it did.

As for your "friend" you probably won't ever forgive her, or be as good of friends as you used to be ever. She won't be going to see Cobra Starship and FTSK in November as planned, but that's cool with you. She betrayed your trust and she doesn't deserve to ever win it back.

Don't start hating yourself like you have before. It's going to be hard but just think about the few friends you still have and how they stick up for you and don't judge you for what you did. Those are the people you'll never want to lose.

-Haley
♠ ♠ ♠
So this just happend last week and I had to write on it because I felt this might be a good way to cope. Possibly the best way besides talking to someone. And it seems I have no one to talk these days.