Losing the Feeling of Feeling Unique

Thirteen

As I lay in the comfortable hotel bed, I looked over at the sleeping form that was my boyfriend. I watched him for some time, I then feebly attempted to get up and shower seeing as we were leaving for Chicago. But as I went to rise from the bed, Jon’s lips curled into a small smile, the immense cuteness of this caused me to lay back down, and just gaze at him.

‘Ruby, how long have you been watching me sleep?’ Jon asked without opening his eyes.

‘Um…’ I said stuttered, my cheeks flushing.

‘I love it when you blush,’ he smiled, still without opening his eyes.

‘You know me too well Mr. Walker.’ I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

‘That I do Miss Ross, that I do.’ We stayed in the embrace for what seemed like years, although when the neon lights of the alarm clock caught my eye, I broke it.

‘Jonny, we have to get ready. Our plane leaves in 5 hours and we have to be there 3 hours beforehand.’ As I finished my sentence, Jon groaned and pulled me closer to him.

‘5 more minutes baby.’

‘Okay.’ I kissed his forehead lovingly.

Our plane touched down in Chicago, Illinois, my new home. Jon and I had left a day before Brendon, Ryan and Spencer so we could have a little more time to settle in. I was really apprehensive when I told Ryan that I was moving to Chicago to move in with Jon. To be honest, I thought he was going to go crazy. Even though he said he was fine with Jon and I being together, I could tell he still wasn’t completely comfortable with it and I thought telling him would make him go mental and say ‘no’. But to my surprise he seemed genuinely happy when I delivered the news.

After we left the airport, we hailed a cab and went to Jon’s, I mean our, flat. As we drove through the streets of Chicago, an overwhelming sense of happiness set in. Within no time at all, we reached the flat.

‘You ready?’ Jon asked as we stood together, looking up at the building.

‘Of course,’ I smiled up at him.

‘Come on then,’ he laughed, a childish grin adorning his beautiful face.

He led me into the building and into the lobby; everyone we passed seemed to know him. I
counted, by the time we reached the lift, 7 people had said hi to him. Talk about being popular!

Cheery music sounded through the lift as we took the quite long ride up to the 19th floor, I looked over at Jon and saw him smiling right back at me. His smile made me feel like a schoolgirl in love. I stared deep into his eyes, as I did so, he made his way closer to me and cupped my face in his hands. He slowly closed the gap between us and kissed me, it was so innocent, so sweet, it made me go weak at the knees.

We parted and he rested his forehead against my own, looking deep into my eyes.

Conveniently, as he did so, a sharp ding was emitted, signalling that our lift ride was over.
Jon grabbed most of luggage, only leaving me with my carry-on and a small bag, and we walked down the corridor to flat 12d.

There was only a dark wooden door in between me and my new home; the excitement welled up inside me. After fumbling with his keys, Jon finally pushed the door open.

I let my eyes pry around the room nosily, letting my gaze linger on certain things such as family pictures, a beautiful painting of a lily and a Fender bass in the far corner of the cosy room.

‘What do you think?’ Jon asked, his voice oozing confidence, but his eyes conveying a slight hint of nervousness.

‘I love it!’ I said as jumped into his arms. He walked over to the blue sofa and put me down, and then sitting next to me. I looked out of the window that was across from us, which gave a spectacular view of the Chicago skyline.

‘This is amazing,’ I said so quietly I didn’t expect Jon to hear.

‘I know isn’t it?’ he replied, also gazing out of the window, his lips curved into a small smile.

‘Do you mind if I have a quick shower? Flying always makes me feel icky.’ I said, causing Jon to chuckle at me choice of words to describe how I felt.

‘Yeah, of course you can. Go down there,’ he said gesturing to a row of three doors. ‘The first door leads to my music room, the second one is to the bathroom, and the third one leads to our bedroom. But go through the bedroom, it joins to the bathroom.’ He explained, although I wasn’t really listening, I was still smiling at the fact he said ‘our’ room as opposed to ‘his’ room.

I snapped out of my slight daydream and went through the door to our room.

The room was just as cosy and homey as the lounge, it had beige coloured walls, brown sheets and another amazing view of the Chi-Town skyline.

I slowly took off my clothes, taking in the room as much as I could, soon enough I was in my underwear. I was wearing an electric blue, matching, bra and panties set. It cost an arm and a leg, so I was going to get a hell of a lot of use out of them!

I walked towards the door; I guessed was the bathroom, which was adjacent to the door that lead out to the lounge. I was just about to open the door, when a picture caught my eye, I recognised it as one from the night of the MTV VMAs in 2006. They all looked so happy, grins stretching across their faces, Brendon holding the prized moon man. Ryan's hands aloft in triumph and Spencer in mid-jump. I looked over to the far left and saw Jon, looking very dapper; he happiness matched that of the other 3 guys. Looking at the snapshot of his life made me feel so proud, that Jon was part of it, even though he hadn’t been in the band for long, you could see how much it meant to him. It put a large grin on my face.

I stood completely engulfed in the pictures and the story it told, I didn’t notice Jon standing behind me, looking over my shoulder.

‘Hey,’ he said quietly.

‘Bloody hell!’ I gasped, almost dropping the picture, almost. Luckily, I caught it just before it hit the wooden flooring.

I put the picture back in its place and turned around to look at Jon, who had made himself comfortable on his bed. His hand propping up his head as he lay, looking at me, his eyes transfixed on my own.

‘Jon, you scared me! I almost broke your photo frame’ I said, sternly, putting my hands on my hips.

‘Sorry Ruby,’ he said pouting like a schoolboy who just got told off. It was a pout, try as I might, I couldn’t resist.

‘It’s okay hun.’ I noticed he was looking me up and down, which then caused me to look down also. My eyes widened at the sight, I forgot I was just in my underwear. I looked back at Jon and felt my cheeks flush.

The look in Jon’s eyes turned from one of love to one of lust as I stood before him. Being the person I am, I decided to tease him.

‘Do you like what you see Mr. Walker?’ He simply nodded in response. I turned around intent on teasing him even more by leaving the room. But before I could even reach the door, Jon was at my side, holding the door handle, so I couldn’t leave.

‘Where do you think you’re going?’ he asked, he voice dropping, his tone seductive. I was about to reply, but before I could do so, he’d picked me up and took me over to his bed - almost ripping off my underwear in his eagerness.

So much for that shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?