Losing the Feeling of Feeling Unique

Fourteen

I woke up slowly; savouring the warmth of the bed, knowing it would get that much colder when I got up.

I stretched my arms out on either side of me, opening my eyes when they didn’t hit Jon as I had expected them to, and looking at the empty space in the bed.

I sighed and looked further over to my left, trying to decipher the time from the digital clock on the end table. 17:37

I groaned, annoyed that I was going to have to get up, when it was about one ‘o’ clock in the morning in London.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up slightly, before swinging my legs out of the bed. I shivered slightly as a result of my complete lack of clothing, and quickly put on some underwear and a t-shirt, before going to find Jon.

He was in the kitchen, sitting at the breakfast bar on a stool, staring intently at his laptop. I walked up behind him and took a sip of his coffee.

‘What are you doing?’ I asked, jumping up onto the kitchen counter while I waited for the kettle to boil so I could have some coffee of my own, casually swinging my legs against the cupboard.

‘Not much, just emailing,’ he said as he finished typing quickly and shut the laptop.

‘Don’t stop on my account,’ I said, jumping off the counter and rooting through the cupboards to find a mug for my coffee.

‘Well, I could email…’ he said quietly, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. ‘Or I could do this…’ he spun me around in his arms and kissed me softly on the lips. I moaned softly before pulling away and looking at him seriously.

‘In that case, never email again.’

He smiled and kissed me again briefly, before reaching into a cupboard behind my left shoulder, and pulling out a mug and handing it to me.

I accepted it from him before turning back around and making the coffee.

‘You’ll have to draw me a diagram or something, it’s not my fault you’ve got so many bloody cupboards!’

He smirked and went to sit down again, gesturing for me join him.

‘Are the rest of the guys coming here tomorrow or going back to Vegas?’

He looked up, thinking for a moment, before looking back at me again.

‘I think Brendon’s coming here…Spencer’s going back to visit his girlfriend for the day, and I guess Ryan’ll go where Keltie goes.’

I nodded, thinking about it.

‘Does that mean Brendon’s staying here?’

‘Err…yeah, I guess. Is that ok?’

‘Sure, it’s your apartment.’

He looked at intently, as though expecting me to say something else, when I didn’t, he just shook his head.

‘It’s our apartment now.’

I rolled my eyes, leaning towards him and pecking on the cheek.

‘What are we doing tonight?’

‘Ah, that’s a surprise.’

I pouted, signalling I wanted way more information than that, but he merely smiled and shook his head.

‘It’s a good surprise, I promise.’ I gave him a suspicious look, before turning round and starting to go back to the bedroom.

‘Where are you going?’

‘To have that shower you stopped me from having before,’ I replied, sticking my tongue out at him and carrying on walking.

- - - - -

Stepping out of the shower, I quickly dried myself off and towel dried my hair, before wrapping the towel securely around myself and walking back into the bedroom to get dressed.

I didn’t see the point of making too much effort seeing as I’d only be going to sleep again in a few hours, so I slipped on my underwear with my black, faded skinnies, a white vest top and orange cardigan.

Catching my reflection in the mirror on my way out of the room, I allowed a small smile to make it’s way onto my lips, I didn’t look too bad, even if I did say so myself.

As soon as I opened the bedroom door and walked into the hallway, I had to smile as I realised what Jon’s surprise had been.

He’d set the table simply, with one candle and one rose adorning the centre, and he was standing in the kitchen, delicately serving spaghetti bolognese onto two plates.

I stood for a moment in the hall, just talking in the scene, which was just about on the brink of perfection.

Jon picked up the plates from the counter and turned around, walking to the table to set them down, finally catching sight of me when he straightened up again. He grinned.

‘Surprise.’

I walked over to him slowly, wrapping my arms around his neck when I reached him and kissing him. He smiled and deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms round my waist and pulling me closer.

We stayed like that for a while until oxygen became more important, and pulled apart. He gestured for me to sit down and pulled my chair out for me. I blushed as he did and complied, waiting for him to sit down too.

‘I can’t believe you did this.’

He looked up.

‘What? You don’t like it?’

‘Are you kidding? I love it. I love you.’

‘Well, that’s a relief,’ he said, chucking slightly. ‘I love you too.’

As we polished off a bottle of wine and our meals, we continued talking and laughing. The conversation eventually lapsed into silence as we sat back for a moment.

I studied Jon, finishing off his spaghetti, he looked so content. I was fairly confident that he was the perfect guy. I quietly wondered to myself how I’d been so lucky, and I couldn’t hold back a small laugh.

He looked up, startled.

‘What’s the matter?’

‘Nothing,’ I replied confidently. ‘Absolutely nothing.’
♠ ♠ ♠
so... sorry for the wait.

i thought this was majorly cheesy, but lola seemed to think it was ok, so i hope you do too.

comments? we hardly got any for the last two chapters *sobs*

emma xx