Losing the Feeling of Feeling Unique

Twenty

RUBY'S POV

'You're bored, aren't you?'

It took me a while to realise that Jon was talking to me, I looked up, startled, and gave him a blank stare as I considered my answer. I wasn't bored, as such, I mean, I was having a lot of fun with the guys, and with Jon especially, it was just a little...repetitive?

'No,' I replied, shrugging nonchalantly. He gave me a doubtful stare.

I sighed, matching his stare, trying to get him to give up, but he didn't, and I couldn't take more than a few minutes of staring into those brown eyes. I had to give in.

'Fine, I am...a little...' I could feel myself blushing, I was embarassed that I was bored, I was spending time with my boyfriend, my brother, my friends, but it wasn't enough. Even after two days the cramped tour bus had become...oppressive.

'Well, why don't we go out today then?'

I looked up, unable to conceal my joy at this idea.

'Seriously?'

'Yes, seriously,' he said happily, jumping off the counter where he was sitting opposite me and walking over to kiss me swiftly on the lips. 'We hardly ever get any time for just the two of us.' He grabbed my hands and pulled me up so I was standing too, before wrapping his arms around me affectionately.

'What are we going to do then? Don't you have a show tonight?'

'Yeah...' he murmurred thoughtfully, before looking at me brightly. 'But I can ask if we can change the soundcheck schedule so we're last, and that'll give us about 5 hours to do something fun.'

'Are you sure? I don't want to steal you away from anything...' I trailed off, feeling guilty that Jon was planning to change other people's schedules. He put his hand under my chin, pulling my face up so I was looking him in the eye.

'I am quite prepared to steal myself away from anything for you, ok?'

I nodded silently, burying my face in his chest to hide a blush. I was so unused to feeling this way about anyone.

We stood like that for a while, before I suddenly became aware of the fact that we were wasting time, just standing there.

I pulled away, a smile still present on my lips.

'I'm going to get changed, I can't wander round in these,' I muttered, gesturing to my gray sweatpants.

'For what it's worth, you look adorable,' he said sweetly.

'Thanks, but you would say that, it's practically a boyfriend's job to tell his girlfriend that she looks nice.' I left him and walked back to the bunk area, grabbing the indigo skinnies that I had shoved into mine and Jon's bunk and walking straight to the bathroom.

I quickly changed out of the sweats and slid into the skinnies, touching up my make up swiftly before going to join Jon in the lounge.

He had changed out of his favourite red t-shirt into the pinstripe shirt that he knew I loved, and I grinned at him.

Brendon and Spencer were also in the lounge, I presumed Ryan was either asleep or phoning Keltie - the amount he used it, you'd think his sidekick was glued to his hand.

He looked up as I walked in, coming over and grabbing my hand, before pulling me out of the bus.

I heard Brendon and Spencer mumble their goodbyes...it was more than I expected, they were immersed in a game of Mario Kart.

I was shocked by the bright sunlight as we walked across the parking lot, it had been overcast and miserable yesterday, but today was...far more optimistic.

I laced my fingers with Jon's as he led me further into the city. He was stopped a few times by people who recognised him, but I was more than happy to stand back, I knew how important the fans were to him.

We ended up at a small Italian restaurant and Jon asked for a table. The waitress led us over and gave us our menus.

We ordered a pizza to share and chatted away happily.

It was nice to get away for a while, and focus on me and Jon. I realised that, subconsciously, I had missed this.

The drama of the car accident had somehow faded as it was overshadowed by Ryan and Keltie’s happiness; they were more committed to their relationship than ever, and since tour had started, everyone had settled into a comfortable routine. It worked for everyone else, but I realised I needed time alone with Jon as well. It was comforting to know that he realised this too.

In what seemed like no time at all, we had finished lunch and left the restaurant. I turned to Jon, ready to ask him what we were going to do next. He had a huge grin on his face.

‘What are you planning?’

‘I’m taking you shopping.’

‘No, you’re not,’ I said confidently.

‘Why not?’ I looked at him doubtfully.

‘Are you serious? Jon, you hate shopping.’

‘But I’ll be spending time with you…’

It was too difficult to argue, I didn’t want to subject him to hours of shopping, but he was convinced he’d enjoy it.

3 hours, 14 shops, 2 dresses, 5 tops, a skirt, a pair of skinnies and a clutch bag later, we arrived back at the bus. I couldn’t conceal my pride or my guilt.

I was proud of Jon for putting up with me, for not complaining once, and for carrying most of my bags.

However, Jon had insisted on paying for everything, and hindsight was a bitch, it hadn’t seemed like so much in small amounts, but looking at all my purchases, I realised I may have been a tad excessive. Oh well, a man can hardly expect a woman to be restrained when shopping.

As soon as we got back, Jon had to rush off for soundcheck, he kissed me goodbye quickly and dashed to the venue, while I walked back to the bus, boredom gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, last update for this story of 2008...that's weirdddd.

anyways, i hope you like it...comments are lovely *hint hint*

have an awesome new year's eve!! emma and lola xxx