I'm an Agent of Chaos and I'm Sending a Message

I'm only as sick as you

I woke up the next morning to find the Joker starring at me with a huge grin on his face. Not his usual painted one, but an actual grin. "Beautiful, you're awake" he said as he walked over to me. I hopped out of bed quickly and just stared at him. "Aw beautiful, what's the matter?" he cooed mockingly. 'He's pissed' I thought before he knocked me to the ground. "What did I say about leaving?!" he bellowed as he stood over me. My eyes widened before going back to their normal size. "Answer me!" he yelled. I gulped and then stood up shakily. "You told me not to leave" I said. The Joker just grinned and then his fist met my cheek. "You disobeyed me" he snarled. I didn't even bother to fight back, after all, I wouldn't win. He grabbed me by the hair and then smashed my head into the wall before walking out.

Looking over for the dogs, I realized that they were no longer around, which was odd because they usually were around. Getting up with a hand over my head, I quickly scanned the room for the dogs, but quickly finding none. I ran out of the room, looking in everyone's room but found none. I headed to the living room when I saw their bodies laying on the ground. They're throats had been slit open and their faces had smiles carved into them. The sight sickened me and I quickly placed a hand over my mouth to stop the vomit from exiting. "This is uh, what happens when people dis-obey me beautiful" taunted the Joker as he came to stand behind me. I whirled around and saw that he had my diary in my hand. "Drop it" I said weakly. "Aw is the beautiful angel going to cry?" taunted the Joker. "Stop" I said, but there was no strength. "Beautiful, did you like the dogs?" mocked the Joker. "Stop it! Just stop it! Why are you doing this?!" I yelled. "Because you're just so much fun" said the Joker.

I shook my head and took off running, not knowing why I'd do such a thing, but I had to get away. His laughter followed me as I made it far from his hideout. I kept running, not knowing where I was going, afraid to stop because I knew he'd catch me. My lungs felt like they were burning and my legs wanted to fall off but I didn't give up, I pushed myself forward and all the way to the center of Gotham. When I finally stopped, I was almost toppled over by a guy who seemed to be in a rush. "Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't see you" he said. "No, no, it's alright. Where are you headed?" I asked him. "Back home and I don't want to be caught after dark, not with the Joker around" he said. He looked at me with his crystal blue eyes, his egg shaped faced framed by jet black hair. He was short, about 5' 3" but I smiled at him. "You look like you're freezing and you've seen a murder. Would you like to come back to my place so you can warm up? I can give you some clothes" said the man. "Sure, that's nice" I said, not caring that I was going somewhere with a total stranger. "I'm Joey by the way" he said. "Kei" I said, not giving him my full name.

He nodded and we started walking to his place. When we got there, he led me to his room, letting me get settled before heading to his room to get some clothes. "They might be a bit large" he said as he came back with a baggy t-shirt and some sweat pants. "It's alright" I said as I threw them over my clothes. "Care to explain to me why you were running so fast?" asked Joey. I cringed and hung my head. "I'd rather not" I said. He nodded and then smiled. "Sure, it's alright. Don't worry about it" said Joey. We stayed up a bit longer to talk and he told me that it was alright if I slept on the couch. Thanking him, I curled up into the blanket he provided me before falling asleep. When I woke up, it was still dark outside and it was eerily quiet. 'The place feels as if someone died' I thought to myself as I got up. "Joey?" I asked, not receiving any reply. Walking to his room, which he had shown me before we went to bed, and I opened his door. He wasn't in his bed and that made me question where he could possibly be.

Walking to the bathroom, I opened the door to see a puddle of blood seep out from the open doorway. 'No' I thought as I took a step inside, my feet becoming blood stained. My eyes widened as I gasped upon seeing the scene before me. In the tub was Joey, his mouth carved into a smile and all over his chest was engraved with the words 'Ha, Ha'. His collar bone area had the words 'why so serious?' engraved into it and then I could see some bone from under the open flesh, meaning he didn't engrave the words, he carved them. My hand flew to my mouth as I walked closer, seeing Joker cards littering the area and his smiley faces drawn in blood everywhere. I turned around to see on the mirror, written in blood, words. 'Let's put a smile on that face beautiful, HA, HA, HA' it read. I ran out of the bathroom and onto the fire escape by the window.

I clambered up to the roof and sat on the edge, crying. My phone started to ring and I picked up. "Well hello beautiful" came the Joker's voice. "Are you satisfied now? You've successfully ripped me to pieces" I spat. The Joker's laugh rang out from the phone and from behind me. I whipped around to see him standing before, his makeup off and just starring at me. Closing my phone, I saw the blood on his hands and then looked up at him. "why?" I asked him softly. He turned his fierce gaze from mine and towards the sky. "You, uh, made me jeal-ous beautiful" he said before turning towards me. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, when are you ever going to learn?" he teased as he looked at me. "Learn what?" I asked, standing before him. "That I'm going to break you, then we can be together" said the Joker as he laughed gleefully. "You're sick" I breathed as he pressed his lips to mine. When we pulled apart he smiled at me. "Only as sick as you are beautiful" he said before carrying me back to the van where I fell asleep in his lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been forever since I've updated this. I finally have inspiration and I will continue writing this from now on :D :D Please comment and subscribe.