I'm an Agent of Chaos and I'm Sending a Message

"God I Hate Feeling Weak"

Have you ever woken up one day and your head felt like someone smashed a brick over it and your body felt like someone ran you over? Well, when I woke up, that's how I felt. My nose was stuffed and my throat hurt. "Beautiful, what gave you the bright idea to be out in the rain, hmm?" asked the Joker as his smiling visage came into view. I groaned and tried to hide under the pillows on his bed. "I'm sorry. I was chasing after someone" I said. "I know that beautiful, you told me that last night. You failed, however, to mention, who you were chasing" he said, licking his lips. I let out a muffled answer. "I'm sorry, come again?" he asked. I took me head out from under the pillow. "You. I was chasing after you" I said. The Joker looked shocked that I saw him but then handed me some soup. "Here, you'll need it" he said before leaving the room. Happy and Dopey came in the room and I could tell they were smiling. "Glad to see you awake" said Dopey. I smiled weakly at him before trying to eat the soup. "God, I hate feeling weak" I said. "Well, maybe if you hadn't stayed in the rain for so long, you wouldn't be so sick" Happy said. I just flipped him off and ate the soup that was given to me.

Once I had finished eating, a loud explosion erupted from outside. "What the?" I asked. "Oh that's just Boss" said Dopey. "He's at it again?!" I said, startled that the Joker was still blowing up things. "He's trying to protect something…or should I say someone" said Dopey. "What was that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. He gulped and looked away. "Nothing, don't listen to me" he said. "BOYS!" called the Joker, causing Happy and Dopey to leave the room. I stood up and headed downstairs to find the Joker pacing back and forth in front of his gang. Jumping into the bathroom, I started to eavesdrop on the conversation. "Ma-roni thinks he's being funny by picking a fight with us. He's planning on getting beautiful from me" he said. My eyes widened as I listened. "Boss, why do you seem so attached to her?" asked a new guy, more then likely a temporary. "That's none of your business!" snapped the Joker. He was about to shoot the guy before I ran out into the living room. "Stop, please" I said, as the Joker stared at me.

Worry, relief, anger, and a hint of love shone through his eyes. "Beautiful, this shot is not meant for you" said the Joker. I stared down the gun as I narrowed my eyes and walked up to him. He lowered the gun and watched as I got closer to him. When I finally stopped, I was in front of him. His dark eyes boring into mine and his scars were smiling at me, though his face was clearly not happy. I stared up into the dark abyss of his eyes and suddenly grew dizzy. "Kei?" called Chuckles. Starting to sway, I felt the Joker catch me and bring me to his room. "No one is to wake her up" said the Joker, with a hint of finality in his voice. Once he laid me down, I could see him worrying. "You shouldn't have gotten out of bed" he said, licking his lips. "What's going on in Gotham?" I asked. "You'll, uh, find out" he said, his voice growing soft. I grabbed his hand and smiled. "I'll be alright, don't worry. Go back and do what you usually do" I said. The Joker smiled before disappearing. "Grumpy and Chuckles will be with you this time. If you need them, they'll be outside the door" he said, quickly kissing my forehead and heading out.

Even though I was sick, I could tell the Joker was being way too caring. 'You are hardly like this, what's going on that's making you like this?' I thought to myself as I closed my eyes, falling into a dreamless sleep.