I'm an Agent of Chaos and I'm Sending a Message

"She's Mine, No One Can Take Her From Me"

I hadn't slept all night, I just stayed by the Joker's side. Call me crazy for helping him, but he needed it. Twice that night I had been scared that he would die, for his breath slowed and his pulse became weak. Those were the times where I would whisper for him to be alright. Maybe my words helped him, I didn't know for he didn't wake up. My eyes were red from lack of sleep and puffy from crying, but that didn't take me away from the job I had in front of me. It was about 10 in the morning when the Joker finally opened his eyes. His makeup was running from sweat and his eyes bore into mine. "Beautiful" he said weakly. I smiled at him, before rubbing my eyes. "You didn't sleep" he said, worried. "No, I stayed up all night just to make sure you'd be ok" I said softly. The Joker frowned, not happy by what I had just told him. "You, uh, did good last night" he said, referring to my blowing up a mob car. I blushed but then met his gaze again. "Thanks, but can you please tell me what's going on? It's not fair that I'm in this mess with you and I have no idea what the hell is going on" I said.

The Joker just got up and stood near the window. "Remember when I said that I had to get rid of you?" he said to me, his wiry tone coming back. "Yes?" I asked, almost worried about what he had to say. "Well, beautiful, it's because the mob wants to use you against me. They think I have a soft spot for you, so I tried to make them think you were dead" he said, anger starting to form and I could tell by his voice. "But you couldn't have just stayed at the river, couldn't you?!" he spat, turning around towards me and soon I found his hands at my throat. "I would've come back to get you! Now they know you're alive!" he growled, gripping tighter. I gasped and tried to coke out words, but nothing came out. "But you know what the funny thing is?" he said, giggling as he spoke.

"The funny thing is, is that you are my soft spot. You know that right? And I don't like weaknesses!" he growled, slamming me onto the floor. Through all this, I still didn't harbor any hate for him. I knew, from all the other times he's hit me, that he has issues with feelings. All of a sudden, he backed away from me, eyes looking remorseful. "I shouldn't have done that" he said, licking his lips and turning away. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Leave" he said, softly. "W-what?" I stammered. "LEAVE!" he bellowed, causing me to turn and run from his room. Once downstairs, I saw Dopey near the door. "Leaving again?" he asked. I sighed and nodded. "Well, Chuckles and I will come with you to make sure you're safe" he said. I smiled and as I got into the van, I could see the Joker watching me. From here I could see the remorse and hurt in his eyes. 'You are confusing Joker, I don't know what to make of this whole thing' I thought as the van drove away.

*The Joker's POV*

I don't know why I hit her. I couldn't believe my actions, after all, I was trying to protect her. But it's her own fault for making me feel this way. I saw her gaze up at me before getting into the van. "Boss, Chuckles and Dopey went with her" said Happy. "Good, but make sure nothing bad happens to her. If anything does harm her, you'll be dead" I said before storming out of the room. These feelings were getting too much control of me, and I didn't like it. I didn't like the fact that I felt I needed to protect her, I didn't like the fact that I felt compassion towards her, I didn't like the fact that I wanted to harm anyone who hurt her. 'She's mine, no one can take her from me' I thought as I noticed a car following the van. "Happy! Grumpy! Get out there and follow the van!" I yelled as I ran towards the truck. 'Damn it! beautiful, you better be safe' I thought as we sped after them.