Status: hiatus.

Our Time Now

I'll have John Deere, please.

"Look how professional she is at work," Natalie snickered, "It's a refreshing change."

Natalie and Audrey, currently in their infamous "stalk" mode, continued to peer around the leather coat rack at their best friend.

Jamie's eyes flickered toward said rack, which Natalie and Audrey quickly disappeared behind again. "Do you think she saw us?" Audrey whispered with a giggle.

Natalie slowly peeked back around the coat rack to see Jamie's back facing them. "No, we're clear."

"Ahem."

Natalie and Audrey slowly peered up to see Jamie's boss, Mr.Tongass, giving them disapproving looks.

"So Nat, what do you think of this top?" Audrey tried to cover up, pulling out a ridiculously looking shirt.

"Can I help you ladies with something?" Mr. Tongass asked.

"Oh, no sir." Natalie shook her head and attempted to look innocent. "We were only having a look around."

"You're looking around while crouching on the floor?" Before they knew it, Natalie and Audrey were being dragged by the arms towards the cash register. "I believe these are yours," Mr.Tongass said, before leaving them with Jamie and walking away.

"heh, hey Jamie. What's up?" Audrey said with a nervous smile and a small wave.

This wasn't the first time Nat and Audrey had been caught "stalking" their best friend Jamie.

"You're both going to get me fired one day." Jamie rolled her eyes.

"Jamie, these are our last few days in Ketchikan! Stop working and come zip lining or something with us!" Natalie whined.

Audrey nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I called and Tyler is working today." She said with a grin.

"I can't, guys. I have to work 42 hours before next week to get the extra $300 bucks I need. But good lord, twelve o' clock!"

Natalie and Audrey both turned their heads to the position dictated by Jamie and in walked a tourist. a HOT tourist.

"Hot damn." Audrey whistled, looking the guy up and down.

Apparently, he heard. Because he started making his way to the counter.

As he approached nearer, Natalie pulled Audrey away from the counter and went back to their previous positions by the coat rack. This time, it wasn't only Jamie they were stalking.

"Aw, you no fun." Audrey pouted.

"She's working." Natalie shrugged, not taking her eyes off of the attractive cutomer.

"That's never stopped us before."

"Shh!" Nat hissed, trying to hear what the guy was saying.

Audrey rolled her eyes and moved away from Nat. As she pretended to look around the store, she made her way closer to Jamie and the customer.

"So, where are the bathrooms?" As the customer asked, Jamie's smile faltered momentarily before she responded with, "Up the stairs, to the right." An awkward silence fell over the two before he blurted, "I don't need to use the bathrooms."

Audrey tried so hard to repress her laughter but ended up having to run back to Nat so she can laugh.

"Okay... now that was the smoothest line I've ever heard," Audrey said with a snort.
"Shh shh." Nat suppressed a giggle. "He's going to attempt to redeem himself."

Since they thought it too risky to move closer and be susceptible to another laugh attack, the girls remained where they were and tried to read their body language.

"So, what kind of a comeback do you think Jams just told him?" Audrey asked looking over at Nat.

"Mmmm, I don't know," Nat said as the boy took off his John Deere-esque trucker hat, "He has nice hair, though."

"He reminds me of Adam Brody.." Audrey said in thought.

At the moment, Jamie had just laughed and was now nodding.

"Well that looks promising." Nat smirked. "Hit on him Jamie, get him to take you to dinner."

"Nah, he's not my type.."

"Since when do you have a type.." Nat asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Since a few weeks ago when Bobby Miller asked me out." Audrey stated simply.
At the thought, the both of them shuddered.

Their view of the flirting duo was suddenly impaired by a flood of tourists who had just entered the shop.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Nat murmured.

Once the crowd had died down again, Nat noticed that the mystery boy had gone... and so had Audrey.

She stood straight up to see if she could find either of them and managed to barely see the guy walk out of the store with what appeared to be his family.

"Nat!" Audrey squealed.

"What do you look so giddy about?"

Audrey's grin turned in to a beaming smile, "you would never guess what i just got."
The suspense was ridiculous as the pair walked back towards Jamie.

"Oh God, I know that look.." Jamie said once she saw Audrey's expression. "What did you do?"

"Oh, I just got us a little present," Audrey said innocently.

"What kind of present?" Nat asked warily,

"A wicked one!" Audrey beamed pulling the hat from behind her back and placed it on her head, "Ta-da!"

"Give me that!" Jamie whispered harshly, grabbing the hat from Audrey's head and shoving it under the counter away from the public eye."What have we told you about stealing, Audrey?"

"Uhh, that its not nice?"

"What if he comes back looking for it, huh?"

Audrey furrowed her eyebrows in thought before speaking, "Tell him that some ninjas nicked it."

"Ninjas, huh?" Nat asked, raising her eyebrows "You amaze me"

Jamie just sighed and rolled her eyes.

Audrey flashed Natalie a cheeky grin before turning back to Jamie with a pout, "Come on, Jamiiee, give it back!"

"Nah," she said with a smirk, "I think I'll keep it for myself." At this, she winked.

"Aw, come on! I'm the one that got it!"

Audrey turned to Nat, "Nat, make her give it back!"

"I have no control over her." Nat shook her head. "I'm not her mother."

"Jamie, you're off for today. There's a storm down the coast, no cruise ships are coming in for two days," Mr.Tongass explained, as he walked past the counter and towards the management office in the back.

"You know what that means, don't you?" Audrey said, grinning again.

"I'm keeping the hat?" Jamie stated more than asked before she took off her work 'apron' and leaped over the counter.

"James, don't be such a jerk.. you got to flirt with the guy, at least let me keep his hat!" Audrey whined, while reaching over the counter and grabbing the hat. "But that's not what I was talking about, what I meant by it was no cruises, no line at the zip line..."

"Who's up for some zip lining then? I call Tyler!" Jamie said, as she ran out of the store.

"Zip lining, here we come!" Nat shouted, snatching the hat out of Audrey's hands and taking off running.

"Not cool guys!" Audrey yelled before running after her two best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this only took us about forever two get out, but we really hope you like it :)

let us know what you think!