Forbidden

Unexpected

(Narrators Point of View)

A total of a week passed by and Samantha, Laura, Vikki, and Micheal have been helping the police officer turned werewolf. Samantha refused to call him by his name, or at least his last name. She was much to conflicted with her rage that he was better and more controlled than she was.

"Sir, dinners ready in ten minutes, don't forget to wash up." And she walked back up stairs. He was invited to stay in their basement two nights before and he gladly accepted.

"Mm...that smells good, what is it?" Marshall, the police officer asked as he turned around the close the basement door.

Samantha rolled her eyes, she didn't think that the steak was going to be that good, her mother always made it so dry, only her father cooked it best. Her little brother was at a friend's house, and she invited Micheal over so he was sitting opposite of her. Everyone else sat down and began to pass the bowl of mashed potatoes around. Marshall handed her the bowl, making it seem to weigh one pound so she took it with one hand and it fell down and clinked on the table. He just looked at her, and she just looked at the bowl.

"You know, you really should do some weight lifting, you may be a werewolf but you look like someone could break you, you can't even hold up a bowl." She narrowed her eyes at the bowl. Too frustrated and not wanting to get in trouble from her parents she got up and left. Once she got out side she ran straight to the forest about 30 feet from her house.

She heard the officer talking again and stopped to listen. "She's not really advanced for her age, is she? She doesn't even have a lot of control or restraint, I've only been a werewolf what? Two weeks? Ha! She's having a hard time, huh?" he was the only one talking. She used her eyes to look through the window, that was a plus about being one with your werewolf, you could hear or see from far away without having to change. She saw her mothers head down, just staring at the steak on her plate, her father was gripping his fork, and Micheal was just looking at the bowl she was one looking at. They obviously weren't going to say anything to defend her.

Maybe, maybe if give let go of my wolf she'll let me have my life back, Samantha thought. And she acted on that thought. Within seconds she was undressed and transformed into the black as night wolf she was.

She ran and ran and ran, the forest was big, but not as big as in the parks, she should have gone there and stayed there for a while. But this was still good, her tongue sticking out, tasting the sweet, moist, forest night air. She felt warm because of all the fur she had.

And then, with nothing on her mind, no thoughts at all, she heard something she couldn't have possibly heard. But she knew she could hear that, they werewolves, they were one of the families that went with her and her mother to the park on full moon nights. They were Micheal's parents. And they were talking about her. She didn't dare think, and she wanted, needed to know more about what the conversation they had in their minds.

"No, I'm not happy about it," It was Vikki.

"Well, it's what's best, who knows what that girl could do, you know she's next in line, she has more strength than she should, and it's good she doesn't know what to do with it!" This was Micheal's father, she had never learned his name, she now just realized she had never gone to his house. "It's good that he's her watcher! He can make sure she doesn't screw anything up for us, she can be the death of our kind!" He was yelling his thoughts, they hadn't heard her gasp and that was good.

"She likes him, more than like, you saw how her wolf reacted that day. They are meant to be. " Vikki's words, the way she was thinking them were so soft and lulling, desperately trying to ease the conversation and make her point be made. "I think we should have one of the other boys be her watcher." She saw Micheal's dad shake his furry brown head. "No, Micheal is doing a great job, meant to be or not, he has to be her watcher, it was already discussed, we don't even know how he feels for her, it's best that there are no attachments from him."

And they heard her yelp and run away. "Oh no." She heard Vikki say. She kept running again, she ran to the edge of the forest, where she could see the road about 20 feet from her. She transformed back into a human. Maybe she should just walk right out, get hit, live, and transform into a wolf once everyone stopped to look at her. No, she couldn't do that to her family. Her little brother wasn't even a wolf yet, she wouldn't ruin anything for them. At least now she knew, though she never expected it, know she knew how he really felt, she was just some job for him, and he was just her babysitter.

She felt how hurt her wolf was, it was stronger now that she was complete, one as one with her wolf. "Are you happy now?" she muttered darkly before she transformed back into a wolf. She ran all the back to her house, listening for anyones voices. she thought she heard someone but wasn't sure because the voice was gone as fast as it came. She reached the area where she had taken her clothes off, she changed back and put her clothes on.

She felt happy, despite the fact that her wolf made her heart ache with each beat. She walked in with a smile on her face. "Hey everyone." She called out. Everyone was still in the kitchen, her wolf cried inside when she saw that Micheal was still there too. He got up from his seat, "I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you." he said, the saddest sound she had ever heard. "It's o.k." she smiled and walked over to her mom, who was crying.

"Mom, it's o.k. I'm fine, no harm done, you did what you had to do to protect everyone, he was just doing his job." She winced inside at what she said. "But mom," she said more calmly and slowly, "what did they mean I'm next in line, that I have more strength?" She looked worried, she could see how it showed in her face when she looked at herself in her mothers eyes.

Laura grabbed Samantha's hand and led her to the kitchen table to sit down. "Each pack," she said as she wiped away her tears, "for years, have chosen a leader pack, it's not how it was before, before it was huge packs, different families, or just one huge family traveling together. But times have changed, packs are more family oriented but would still like to be apart of something bigger, just in case something bad happens, like with the travelers." She was using her wolf voice, not as motherly and caring, but still had so much authority.

"We were the first ones here, our family having been here for years, this is where we became what we are. All the other families just moved here, our lineage comes from long ago and so they had no problem stepping aside, even if our whole family weren't werewolves, they understood how things are now. Werewolves aren't as scared of what humans would think, but they aren't going around telling humans what they are, not just yet. Our family is the leader family. And you, being second in position in our family, means that you are second in line when it comes to everyone. Once I step down, it'll be you are your brother."Laura waited a moment before speaking again so that Samantha could digest what she had told her.

"Because wolves are so easily tempered, I was a bit edgy at the hospital that time, you were stepping up like you are supposed to as beta, but my wolf wasn't ready, especially since you are my daughter, but know that I was proud of you. Let your wolf have what she wants, and you'll be more confident with every thing." She said.

"I feel better, mom, after that long run."she sighed, "It was relieving, and my wolf is a lot more calm now, I can't think straight. Oh." She just realized some thing else, she turned to the officer. "Next time you say anything like that, well...just know not to." She smiled warmly and marched up stairs to her room. She smelled like the Forest and was starting to get cold, a nice warm bath would be nice, she thought.

She went to her room to get her clothes, and heard a knock. She smelled Micheal. "Come on in." she said, wishing she could just run around the forrest again. "Hi, I thought maybe we could talk about us." his voice broke and he looked so sad, he was looking right at her, eye to eye and his eyes were so sad, showed so much emotion. "What about us?" she asked, turning back around to look through her dresser for a shirt. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to her bed. "I still want there to be an 'us'." he said softly and he kissed her. It was the first time her had kissed her, and it had to be after she found out he didn't really care.

(Samantha's Point of View)

Oh no, oh no, he's kissing me, that was all I could think. But his lips were so soft, so warm, so gentle but manly. I kissed him back, just as soft and just as gentle as he did. It was wonderful. My wolf was both screaming no and yes and the same time. I sighed when we broke apart; I couldn't tell if it was a few seconds later or maybe a minute later.

"I'm glad I have you." Micheal said. "And I'm so sorry." I shook my head, I made up my mind. "No need to be sorry Micheal. I grabbed his hand so that we could stand up. "You were just doing your job, and you can still do your job, see you on Monday, or I guess tomorrow since you still have to watch me." I smiled as wide as I could, hoping it was something he could believe. He looked at me; dumbfounded and opened his mouth to talk, had my clothes on my dresser so I grabbed it and headed to the bathroom before he could question me. "Good night" I managed to say as I closed the door.

I allowed a tear to slip, I only liked the guy, it was too soon to love him. But I knew the wolf in me felt differently and I remembered how my wolf had reacted when she saw him. I grunted before I turned the water on. This was going to make me go crazy. Talking about she, and I, if I started saying we, I would go crazy. It's too much like having multiple personality. Or maybe more like and Mr. Hyde. Either way, it was getting hard to really think when my wolf and I were one already.

(Micheal's Point of View)

I wanted to grin, just grin, she was kissing me back!! But I didn't want to ruin the kiss so I held my grin back. We'd be o.k. now, I was so sure of it. I'd just have to tell her how I feel, and I could do it now. "I'm glad I have you. And I'm so sorry."

What happened next was a blur. "Good night." That's the clearest thing I heard her say. I wanted to open my mouth before that to say something, but I was still lost. Hadn't she kissed me back? I just stood there, at her door way, I heard her turn the water on. I could have imagined it, but I'm sure I heard a tear drop to the floor, just one tear. I stayed there, hoping to wait till she came out, but her mother came up.

"You're mother says it's time to come home." I still wouldn't think of anything to say so I just left. I could just come by tomorrow and straighten things out with her. I hadn't realized how late it was, it was now 1 in the morning, good thing it wasn't a school night.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.k. so it took me a while to finally want to write. I tried to make it longer, but I'm just a bit tired. I should have taken a nap first. lol But I hope you like it. :D
And, remember that I switch between point of views, so make sure you don't get confused. :D