‹ Prequel: Awake and Unafraid

Asleep Or Dead

Rivers and Romance and Renegades, OH MY!!

~*Gerard's POV*~

Kate and I spent the rest of the week going in and out of shops in San Antonio, mostly coffeeshops. Ray would tag along, occasionally. One thing I didn't know about Kaitlyn was that she could speak Spanish. Fluently. Which helped alot speeking to natives.

One day, the last day we had together before we departed, once again, we spent at a local coffee joint, that grew thier own beans and everything. The shop owner was an elderly Native American woman, who still dressed in original clothing. She was a very kind and wise person, one you can talk to for hours.

Everything about that places was so romantic. Even the blue sky, and the sounds of a city. Sweet Serenity. For at least an hour, we sat there ordering pounds, it seemed, of straight up black coffee. We'd sip it occasionally, and then just stare into each other's eyes. Much like we did back when we were in her room that fateful day.

When it was around three, I suppose, She thanked the shop woman, and shook her hand. Before she left, she asked in spanish,

"Cuantos Anos, tiene?"
(How old are you)

The lady smiled.

"Yo tengo cien y dos anos"
(I am 102 years old.)

"Gracias"
(Thank you)

"Salud, mi nino"
(God bless you, my child.)

With that we were on our way.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"You'll see."

She led me into a bookstore. I putzed around a bit, in the music section, and found a book on My Chemical Romance. I sheepishly took it to the register. She put it in a bag and examined my face very carefully. I nodded in her direction and hurridly went to find Kaitlyn.

She herself was holding a bag, with a book (of course) in it.

"Come with me." She said reverently.

Kate and I renegaded hand in hand down the river walk, and up a long hill, that ended in a rocky descent over the river. It was sunset. The most beautiful sunset I'd seen in my life.

"Gerard." Kate stirred the silence.

"Hm?"

"I want you to know, that whatever may happen, I'll love you, and I'll always love you. I want you to know, that I'll be there for you, to the end. No matter what-"

She gripped my hands tightly.

"I'll be with you, Gerard. Promise me, you'll be with me."

"I will always be with you, no matter what may happen. No matter where you go, no matter who you meet, what you look like. I don't care, why? Because I love you."

"That's all I wanted to hear."

There were tears in her eyes, as she nodded her head in reverence. She pulled out something shiny out of her pocket.

It was the purity ring.

"What....are....you..."

"Shh." She placed a finger to my lips.

"Hold my hand."

I did so.

"Stare out into the horizon with me as I do this."

"Do what?"

"This."

Kaitlyn threw the purity ring, as far as she could, and we rushed to the side of the cliff so we could hear the little *plip!*

"That?" I asked.

"That." She confirmed.

Then she kissed me.

I kissed her back.

Hard.
---------------------------
---> Later...

We returned to the La Quinta, for the last time.

We sat on the bed, and she took out her bag.

"Hold on, I need to get something out of the van."

I did so, and when I came back, There she was, her natural dirty blonde hair was dangling free of it's restraint, cradling her sholders perfectly. Kate was dressed in a long silk nightgown, with a sheer layer of silk pulled elegantly around her sholders. She stood on the balcony, looking out at the remains of the sunset, our sunset, deep in thought, the wind slightly tossling her hair. She was beautiful. Truly beautiful.

"Why are you...?"

"Shhh." She said. "Presents first."

"Okay." I nodded my head slowly, trying to comprehend all of this.

Kate pulled out the bag she bought from the book store and I pulled out the box I had wrapped. She handed it to me, and I did the same.

Her face lit up when she saw the velveteen black box.

"The box set?! This doesn't come out for eight months! How..."

"You got the first certified Black Parade Box Set."

"Oh Gee! It's perfect!" She hugged me.

"Here's your two presents!"

I opened the first one. It was the book she showed me. "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" I loved that book. I smiled, and opened the other one. It was a bag of the coffee from the coffee place we so enjoyed.

"They are perfect, Kate. But tell me, why are you dressed like that?"

"Hm. Why did I throw the purity ring in the river?"

Before I could answer, she pulled me into a deep embrace. She leaned over me, and removed my jacket.

----~*Kaitlyn's POV*~----

I loved him. I was ready. He pulled off his shirt, and I touched his immaculate bare chest. I slowly undid his belt buckle, and he slid the sleeves of the dress off, so that only my bottom half was covered. Gerard pulled me to him and started to kiss me deeply, bare chest to bare chest. I couldn't contain myself. We removed the rest of our garments while still kissing. We wedged our way under the covers and twisted and toyed with each other when finally, he said:

"Are you okay with this?"

"Of course."

I felt him thrust his way into me and....

The rest is up to your imagination.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(An author's note.)

In it's eternity, Awake and Unafraid had 24 subscribers and 120 comments. I made a bet with a friend of mine, that I would reach 30 subscribers, and have at least 200 comments before or when the story ended.

So I'm begging you all on my hands and knees:

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!

Otherwise the poor author must give up her paychecks for two months, and since I am but a teenager, that's $100!! (I was saving that to buy MCR tickets!)

Thank you, and I'm sorry for my pitiful-ness, and beggery.

Kaitlyn. (Ze real von.)