‹ Prequel: Awake and Unafraid

Asleep Or Dead

The Sea

"His name is going to be Myde."

"Myde?" Gerard cocked an eyebrow. He hadn't heard that name before. Ever.

"It's an old Norwegian name, reffering to the sea. It just held me there. When I was younger, I had an imaginary friend name Myde. He would help me through hard times when no one would ever care about the girl who sat in the steps."

"Like...Allegro?"

"Allegro?" I gestured towards the stuffed dog next to me. The one that was here all along.

"Yeah, wasn't Allegro, like, your best friend?"

"Allegro was Myde's dog."

"What happened to him?"

"He died. Mom made me get rid of him."

"Thats sad."

"But I know that he is in my heart. That is what I want to name my only child."

"What about the middle name?"

"Nathaniel."

"Myde Nathaniel Way."

"Myde Nathaniel Way."

"I don't need to propose, do I?"

"No." A cold ring was slipped onto my finger. And I smiled. This was the least I could have had before my immenant death. Being married to Gerard, carrying his child...

Myde was coming.

"Hey Gerard?"

"Yeah?"

"Lets take a journey to the sea."

"I'd like that."

We got into the car, and drove for about five hours until the gentle crashing of waves saved us from the boredom that was the car.

The sea was beautiful this time of year, it was cold, the sands white with seashells littering them, it was a peaceful, empty beach.

Gerard held me close, kissing me gently.

"I will always love you."

I smiled.

"When I go, leave everything to Myde."

Gerard nodded.

"I will take care of this child forever. I will never let anything happen. Ever."

"That's good." I said, tears flowing from my eyes. Tears of joy.
----------

Gerard bought a house by the sea. We wanted to have Myde grow up there. My parents, as heartbroken as they were, were overjoyed by the news.

In the basement of the house there is a recording studio.

It was where the boys spent the next three months.

Ray would cry when he saw me, and Frank would smile a sad smile. Frank was to be my baby's godfather. He has done so much for me.

It was just one more month to go... one more to live...
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so rushed, guys. I have a lot of summer reading to do for high school next year, and the story isn't up to even my standards. I hope you can forgive the shittiness.

Also, I need votes for happy endings! <3