‹ Prequel: Awake and Unafraid

Asleep Or Dead

Charlotte

~Gerard's POV~

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Frank screamed. He was really hyper lately. Mikey scolded him though his earbuds, as he looked up from the latest issue of SPIN.

"Dammit, Frank! Some people want to keep thier eardrums!!"

Bob looked up from a music catalogue.

"Did someone say drums?" He raised an eyebrow.

"That's it I'm leaving." Ray got up and went to the back, again.

Ahhh, we were on the way to Charlotte, North Carolina, where I was about to see where the love of my life and I met. I cringed at every familiarity. God, was it awful.

"FRANKIE! SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Ray yelled.

"MAKE ME BITCH!!"

"God, Frankie, why so hyper?" Bob asked.

"CHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRLLLLOOOTTTTEE!!"

"And...?" Mikey raised an eyebrow sardonically.

"We get to see Kate again! Oh wait, she went to college! Ooooh!"

I winced.

"Um... That wasn't an explination Frank." Ray said.

"TAAAAYYYLLLLOOOOOORRR!!"

Taylor, Kate's bestest friend in the whole wide world, had to leave after we went to Jersey. That's all Frankie talks about was how much fun we had with those too. Life was empty now. And I mean, I'd sit around with nothing to do and mope. Just relive those distant memories. The 'I love you's and the speedbumps. I missed her.

"I'm going to go sleep." I announced.

"Yeah, you do alot of that lately." Mikey rolled his eyes.

I went to my bunk, and fluffed up my pillow. My eyes caught something fluttering to the floor. It was a note.

From Kaitlyn. It read.

Dearest Gerard,

If I never had the guts to tell you before you went, I want to say that I love you. You mean the world and beyond to me. I bet that when you open this you'll say 'What The Fuck' and then smile at my memory. I want you to know that I have sworn to God to remain an untouchable person by anyone but you yourself and I want you to know that I am probably a wreck without you. Every contact that you've made, and every base you've crossed has been the most wonderful memory. God, I hate to say these things, but you know how it goes. I am just an awful fuck, God.

For the record: Written 6/2/2004

I love you,

Kaitlyn


The date given was the day before I kissed her for the first time.

With confidance, I stepped off the bus.

~Fast Forward a few hours~~

I walked up on stage and began the first songs off of 'The Black Parade'.

After 'DEAD!' I made an announcement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. The Black Parade would like to take a pause in it's march for Gerard of My Chemical Romance to say something."

The band members looked confused. Ray's face was Priceless. The crowd Cheered.

"This whole show is dedicated to someone very special. Someone very close to my heart."

I swallowed hard and continued.

"That someone is my Demolition Lover. My complete devotion of my affection. Now, I want the hardcore teenies and fangirls in here to shut the fuck up and let me talk."

"The last time I was in Charlotte, I met a girl. Her name was Kaitlyn. She changed me, made me more of a person and less of a persona. She showed me love, she showed me a side of things that I've never seen before. And I'm sure that her best friend, Taylor Robbins, is in the audience right now."

I see a parting of people as the accused waltzed through.

"Speak of the devil. Miss, now I'm sure there's someone who wants to see you very badly. And this is the show that he's been wanting to come here for months because of it."

Cue: "TAYLOR!"

Frank picked her up and held her in his arms, her now auburn (here's to you Hurley!) hair and round features lit up.

"FRANKIE!" She couldn't contain herself.

Right then and there, Frank planted her one, right on the lips.

I cringed in memory, and managed to get though the set.

The first thing that Ray said to me all night was:

"Gee, I'm taking a week off to go see some relatives as they work on the set design and stuff. Shows are canceled until then."

Wow. That was sudden. I picked the note out of my pocket and read it again and again, as we caught up on old times, as Ray departed from us for a little while.