‹ Prequel: Awake and Unafraid

Asleep Or Dead

No Pie.

{{A new POV}} ~*Ray's POV*~

I ran into the bunk area.

"Hey Gerard? Do you want some of this pie-"

I stopped in mid sentance and dropped the delectable treat.

Gerard was on the floor in a pool of blood.
------------------------------------------------
~*Kaitlyn's POV*~

My cell phone rang as I waltzed back into my dorm. It was Ray.

"Hi Ray." I said, casually.

"Kaitlyn, something's wrong."

"What?"

"Gerard's in the hospital."

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!"

"He ran a blade up his arm after he found out about you and Earnest. He's in the ER at Amarillo. Please, don't worry, it'll be fine. I knew something bad was happening with him. If only I got there sooner!! This is all my fault!!!"

Gerard in the hospital?! Because of me?!!

"Ray, I'm driving down there."

"No, you need your studies, and your internship."

"That starts three weeks later. Just chill, I'm heading out now."

I grabbed the keys to my new VW Jetta, white, and uncomfortable, yet cheap, and headed out.

##Fast forward three hours.##

I ran into the ER after asking for directions from a convienence store dude, and getting lost a bunch of times. The nurse stood complacently.

"Gerard Way?" I asked.

She jerked her thumb to the left and muttered.

"Third door."

"Thanks."

I ran as fast as I could and knocked rather obnoxiously.

Cue groaning from old farts in the next room.

"Kaitlyn!" Frankie greeted and hugged me.

"Shut it! Where's Gerard."

Everyone parted leaving an unconscious Gerard hooked up to an IV and clenched and tense in his sleep. I started to cry, as I watched the man I loved clench in fear and pain, and squirm nightmarishly.

I sat down beside him on his bed and held his frail, bloody hand in mine. He relaxed a bit. I stroked his cheek where the oxygen mask was placed idly, and slid my hand beneath his neck.

"Get off there, please ma'am." The doctor ordered.

"Sorry sir." I mumbled.

"I'm just here to give him some morphine and then he shall be ready for the operation, but, seeming as this is a tiny town, we have no blood donors of his rare blood type, AB-. And if anyone here wants to see him live, we'll have to take blood from him."

Everyone looked at Mikey.

"Sorry, but I'm AB positive."

"A negative" Bob said.

"A positive." Ray chimed.

"B positive." Frank said.

I thought as hard as I could on my blood type. What is it? Wait. AB negative, I think.

"I have AB negative." I rose. The doctor smiled.

"Come with me." He said.

##Fast Forward an Hour##

I barely had enough blood for transfer, but it was just enough. I now also had an IV in my arm, and I was reading an anime book when the doctor came in and said.

"He's awake."

The nurses came as if they were syncronised swimmers as they gracefully whisked me out into Gerard's room.

"Kaitlyn." He mumbled.