‹ Prequel: Awake and Unafraid

Asleep Or Dead

Things Are Better If I Stay

~*Still Kaitlyn's POV*~

"Kaitlyn? Is it really you?" He asked weakly.

"Uh-huh." I whispered.

"I missed you so much." He was weak, and his voice was barely a whisper.

"How could you think I was cheating on you? I love you, and Earnest is a friend, a mere collegue, and I am actually a bit intimidated by him. I needed to see you."

"He was a friend? I was so scared of losing you, God, I don't know!" He shook his head in disgust at his actions. The morphine was wearing off. He continued.

"God, I'm such a bastard! I shouldn't have made you worried. I harm you so much. I am so sorry! I am sooo sorry! I-"

"Shut up. Do you know what I would have done, If I went one more fucking day without you?! I was ready to lose it! And the fact that I can't stay is a bitch! I have to be back soon to get ready for my internship! This sucks. This fucking sucks! My internship is in three weeks, and your show is in two. We basically have one week to stay together."

"A week is better than no time at all."

"How are you feeling?" I asked, changing the subject.

"My arm hurts."

"No shit."

The dumbass doctor came in.

"Sir, this young lady saved your life. She gave you an almost critical amount of blood. You should be able to leave in an hour while we get the paperwork all fixed up."

"You saved my life?" He asked incredulously.

"I owed you, remember?"

"Yep. I remembered." He smiled.

The nurse came in and took off his mask and the IV. Soon they let Gerard change.

He emerged from the hospital bathroom in a Misfits shirt and skinny jeans.

"Ta da!" He crowed.

"Not exactly what I pictured our reunion to be like."

"Here, I'll make that change. Go to the far end of the room."

I was puzzled. "Okay..."

He smiled once I reached my destination.

"KAITLYN!!!" He yelled, running towards me Braveheart style, arms open wide.

"GERARD!" I ran towards him too, with a cheesy smile on. I leaped into his arms.

"For someone just having major surgery, you seem pretty energetic."

Gerard smiled, and let me down.

He then, finally, pulled me into a kiss.

I leaned into him, and he pressed down harder, as I shakily let my breath out. It's been three years, and I almost forgot this feeling of utter bliss. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same, as his heavy breathing continued. I slid my tongue around his bottom lip, causing him to open his mouth, letting my tongue go in further. He caressed me and I felt around him eagerly, after three long years.

I tried to conceal my moan as he rubbed his hand along my back, but it was too hard. It escaped, as did his, as he moved down to my neck. He sucked on my neck, as I moaned again, when he bit it softly. Now there was a moanfest. I finally noticed the others left the room. he smiled. I twisted around and we sat on the bed.

Gerard put a hand to my heart. I did the same. Both of ours were beating out of control. He smiled. I sat on his lap, as he stroked my hair and sung to me. Demolition Lovers, my favourite song. I held him. and he held me back. Gerard gently ran a hand down my cheek and gazed into my eyes. I kissed him softly. My breathing was shaky. He shivered. And we just sat there for awhile. Holding each other.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, too."

And we slowly fell asleep after a long and tiring day.