Silver Foil

Chapter One

Robyn jumped out of bed realizing school started 45 minutes ago. She threw on the nearest pieces of clothing, grabbed a bagel, and raced to her school which was only a two minute walk away. She entered the school building and flew to her locker.

The bell thundered over the halls as the vacant space was packed with kids rushing to get to second hour. Robyn had just taken out her things for Advanced Physics and started to head down towards the classroom when Noah caught her attention.

He was walking beside her with stacks of books in his scrawny arms. Noah, one of the smartest boys in school, had been trying to get the always quiet and shy Robyn to join the Poetry Club. Lately, he's been following her, attempting to ease her loneliness and his own personal void. Most people at Irvine High School pay no attention to the lonely kids who use a smile as a mask to hide their true feelings.

"What do you want, Noah?" Robyn finally asked.

"My mom said she wanted me to make some real friends. You're okay, Robyn. So I was just wondering if you would like to come over and maybe do some homework?" he asked, embarrassed.

Robyn didn't even give him a chance but just walked on into the classroom, completely ignoring him. Noah entered the room with a flushed face and a limp stagger. He chose the seat in the far back in the left side of the classroom to be as far away as possible from the dame that just broke his heart.

Robyn just turned her attention to her right where she saw the hills and palm trees. The sun was shining brightly over the sand and the waves in the distance. A breeze made the palms sway and the flag outside the school flutter tranquilly. The scene was almost calming but all too familiar.

Robyn's mind longed for something new to take in and absorb, but her heart was against stepping into unknown territory. It drove her away from all new things, including sweet guys like Noah. Not like anything in her life has changed. She's lived here all her life with the same people surrounding her.

A new change was coming soon and that dear boy sulking over a small wound of heart counted on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
The girl in the layout is how i see Robyn to look like. Sorry for the short chapter. Constructive criticism would be appreciated. Grammar especially! I'm not sure if I should keep it but if enough people read it and say it's okay then I shall. Thanks and Enjoy!