Silver Foil

Chapter Three

Robyn's steady pace got her there in less than 45 minutes. She was sweating from the hot weather. Her hair was waved down to her shoulders. She had chosen to change out of her thrown on clothes from this morning and put on an electric green shirt with a pair of ripped jeans. Her neon orange Converse stood out from the bland tan of the sidewalk. Plenty of people imagined Robyn to have some sort of problem because she had a slight obsession with color.

Robyn stopped in front of a large condominium that looked like all the rest except for the beautiful gardens and a wicker chair. Noah was waiting in the doorway with a look on his face that told all his emotions. He was so happy to have someone over.

"Robyn, you finally made it!"he yelled to her.

Noah had fixed himself up. His dark brown hair was combed and his thick- rimmed glasses were gleaming from the polish. He was wearing the teal, black, and silver band shirt that had a giant trumpet on it and some khaki shorts. He was wearing a pair of black sandals.

He gestured towards the inside of his house. Robyn politely walked in and set her things down on the foot of the stairs. His house was full of custom furniture in light colors and shining, wood floors. The walls were decorated with tapestries and pictures of family and flowers.

"Come on, Robyn! My room's upstairs. Promise not to laugh. I haven't been allowed to redo my room in a few years, " he directed, jumping over Robyn's stuff and running up the stairs.

Tired, Robyn walked up the stairs and easily detected which room was his. She entered and the two started to do their loads of dreadful homework.

Hours later, Noah's mom called the two down for dinner. Noah's two brothers and sister were sitting around the table. His father was a lawyer and was still at the office. His family was kind and polite to each other. A complete 180 compared to what Robyn was used to. Robyn had felt delighted to be with them and stayed until way past the time her parents had wanted her home.

By then the pair had finished their homework and studying and Robyn set off home in the dark. She barely got down the driveway before Noah was walking beside her with two warm coats and a smile.

Noah was laying on the charm just enough because Robyn came over everyday for the next week with the exception of the Saturday she was grounded for being two hours late.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's EXTREMELY short! Constructive criticism would help lots. Thank you to all readers, commenting people, and my subscriber.