Silver Foil

Chapter Five

Samantha Rogers. A 16 year old brat with a vengeance. She has always had the attention of the smart kids until Noah came along. The two clashed for a while, trying to see who would be the smartest in Irvine Gifted Academy. When the first semester was over they got the shock of being equally matched. The straight A's in all of their advanced classes were proof. Since then, they've been dubbed by the teachers the King and Queen of Gifted. The name fit them perfectly once they started dating. The only problem was that Samantha wanted the attention; Noah despised it.

He never really even wanted to go out with Samantha. She wasn't his type at all! He wanted someone like Robyn. Robyn needed someone like Noah. He was strong enough to help Robyn mentally and emotionally.

See, Robyn was never as happy and open as she has been since Noah came along. Her life was lying in ruins. The parents she has now aren't her birth-parents. They adopted Robyn after a forest fire in upper California killed both her parents and her brother. She was has a sister, Adrian, who survived but moved to Europe with her husband five years ago.

Robyn's lonesome attracted Noah to her. He felt like a reject from the normal world. She felt like a hopeless mess. He felt very strongly about her even though he understood that she would not let someone in.

"Hey, Robyn, want to go get some pizza? My uncle owns a place, so it'll be cheap and fun."

"Sure."

Dreamily, Noah muttered," I can't believe I've known you all this time and didn't fall head over heels for you. It seems impossible."

Releasing a deep sigh, Robyn led down and out of the school. She opened the backseat of Noah's Mercedes-Benz. She got in and so did he. He put his key in the ignition and sped off to a small pizzeria named Z Pizza.

After having a filling, early dinner, Noah noticed that Robyn was a bit withdrawn, not speaking her mind, not even paying attention to him. He felt as if he must do something.

Robyn, on the other hand, was inadvertently thinking. She had just got news that her grandmother was looking for her. She was thinking about how her grandmother disowned her mom when she found out she was pregnant with Robyn's older sister.

Around lunch time Robyn was called into the office. Frightened that something bad had happened, she made her way to the secretary's desk. That's where she picked up the phone to talk to her grandmother who planned on having Robyn live with her in Oklahoma. Her grandmother, was afraid that she was being corrupted from being raised in California. She decided to take her back to her home in the middle of nowhere.

Robyn had no clue what to do or say to keep her grandmother away. She was deadly afraid of having to move away from everything she's ever known. The part that was taking over her mind was that her grandmother, Roberta, would be in Irvine by tonight.

Unaware of what was going to happen, Robyn continued through her day tagging along with Noah.

What could one old lady do? I can always say no. If she tells me I can't stay with my family I can always move in with Noah, Robyn thought to herself while trying on a dress at the mall.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah...yeah...Enjoy! Thanks for the feedback!