Silver Foil

Chapter Seven

Where is he?, Robyn thought, sitting on the curb in front of her house.

It was an hour later then Robyn had asked for him to be there. While Noah was getting pried out of his mangled car, she was dialing his cell phone number.

The phone was it his pocket and actually rung. A fireman answered and said," This is Captain Summers on Noah Stratzer's phone. Who am I talking to?"

"What's going on? This is Robyn, his girlfriend. What happened to him?" she said, hysterically.

"Noah was in a car-tree collision. He's breathing just fine but will be taken to Irvine Urgent Care Hospital for head injuries and wounds. That's all I am able to release at the moment, Miss."

The bright, yellow cellphone slipped out of her sweating palm. She rushed back into the building to get her coat and the keys to her mother's old Ford Mustang. She drove to the hospital with a calm and rational attitude. That vanished as the rain started to fall from the darkened skies. The rain slid down her already moist cheeks as she conjured up enough courage to walk to the entrance of the hospital.

Her steps reverberated in the air as she slowly went inside to see Noah. Under her breath she yearned for him to be okay.

Her wish to not leave her whole world behind was with her. She had acted brave and strong for her parents but was left bare and sensible. This change was going to be huge and earth shattering for Robyn and Noah. She had planned on telling him once he arrived at her house, but that was hours ago.

It seemed to take a millennium, but Robyn finally made it to the floor where Noah was on. The blinding white walls of the halls clashed with Robyn's negative energy and feelings. The doctors walked like drones through the sterile hallways; nurses somberly followed. The intense lights showed light on even the darkest of places.

Robyn's quaking hands were stuffed into her coat pockets. She was pacing like mad in front of Noah's room. Not one member of Noah's family showed because they were all in Malibu enjoying the warmth and view while their boy was in a cold, hospital bed with nothing to see but the tan walls in front of him.

"Noah!" Robyn exclaimed after getting the heads up to go inside. She quickly ran to his side.

He didn't reply right away;instead, he glanced into her eyes with a look. This look-a look of sensitivity, woe, and love- adorned his livid face. Noah's skin was as white as the moon. His mouth was like a desert, yet he was able to speak the words, "Robyn, I'm sorry. I'm not letting you without me. I love you, babe. That was one chaotic accident. I'm good though. Can you help me up?"

She laughed nervously and helped him sit up. He groaned in agony but was relieved by her embrace and help.

His doctor, Dr. Kottler, entered the room with a chart and a nurse.

"Noah is going to be fine. He has a mild concussion, his left wrist is broken, his left leg is broken, and has numerous cuts and bruises around his body. Due to some nerve damage, he's been having muscle spasms that can be helped by massages and aspirin. His prescriptions I wrote for him can be picked up at the front counter when he is signed out. Any concerns, questions, anything?"

All of a sudden, the stationary phone in Noah's room started to ring. Robyn cautiously picked up and heard the concerned voice of Mrs.Stratzer.

"Oh my! We just received the message! Is my son okay? What happened? Where is he? When will he be released? I have to talk to him!"

"No need for mass hysteria. Noah's right here and will be fine. He had a dinky accident, but everything's going to be okay. Hold on," Robyn said, handing the phone over to Noah's right hand.

You could hear the sincere and loving nagging all the way to where the doctor was standing. After Noah had had enough of his mom he gracefully hung up on her.

The parents called back to the hospital minutes later to verbally give Robyn permission to sign him out and bring him home with her.

"So, you know that I'm moving?"

"Yup, you were thinking out loud at the mall. I overheard and assumed that that's why you called me over tonight. I'm thinking of what I should bring to wear. How's the weather over there?"

"One, good assuming. Two, no you can't come with. Three, I don't know."

"My mom would probably let me if I said it was for some educational insight. I can't live without you. I mean, I understand that you're still alive, but distance kills some relationships. Plus, I know what goes on in there," Noah said while patting Robyn's hair, "and I'm not letting that take over you again. Maybe your grandma will let you stay if I persuade her."

"Noah, you're not that smooth. I think we shouldn't try and push it. She has a lawyer, and she is my only living relative willing to keep me."

"Oh really? We'll see about that!"

"What are you thinking?"

"Everything and nothing, deary."

The car eased onto the curb in front of Robyn's house, and hobbled to her room. Robyn started packing her things, separating keeps from trash and books from clothes. Noah took on the role of ornament and was stretched out over her bed with his leg and arm properly elevated. They started to jam out to music and talk about the problem.

There was no stopping Noah's ambition to keep Robyn in Irvine. There was also no organization to Robyn's jumbled thoughts. She was wondering what she could possibly do.

Finally, she throws down a basket of laundry and storms down the stairs to find her phone and her grandmother's number.

"Okay, look here grandma. I am not moving to Oklahoma. I mean really! Oklahoma? I don't care if you're my relative. I've been living here happily for years. I just met the one person outside of my family that actually cares about me, and I am not going to let an old lady take that away from me. Goodbye, and please, never try and sway me because this is one decision I will not regret."

With that, she closed the phone and turned to look at Noah. He was starting to doze off but had a pleased smile on his lips. He popped one eye open and scooted over to make room for her. She gladly laid down next him.

"Where'd that come from?"

"Where did what come from?"

"That spunk, that 'my way or the high way' attitude. I liked it!"

"Oh, that old thing. No big deal. I just got a little serge that I had to stay, no matter what."

Robyn's grandmother decided the next day to give up and headed back to Oklahoma. For now, all was at peace in their little hearts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh this is nothing people! I feel like I owe you for waiting so patiently for me to update. Enjoy and if you have anything at all to say about it (yes, good AND bad.) please pm me or comment. I have a friend who thinks Noah's a sexy beast...