Love Games

One

XXXXImage

Matt sat on the bench and stared at the timer. Thirty five seconds left.

"Sanders, you're on." Matt smirked at the coach and got on the court, running towards Jacobs, who had the ball. He signaled for Jacobs to hand the ball over, and once he did, Matt did what he did best. Shove that shit in the hoop.

"Unbelievable! Sanders does it again! The score is now 64-62 for the Huntington Jets with twenty five seconds left." The animator said. Matt looked at the scoreboard and kept the ball in his hands, stalling. He passed it back to Jacobs who wasted another ten seconds dribbling and the next thing they knew, they had won yet another game.

"Good game, man." Jacobs said, patting Matt's back. Matt smirked and walked back to the bench, grabbing his bottle of Powerade. He looked at his team celebrating their victory and smiled, they were now on to the semi-finals, all thanks to him.

"Sanders, you're my man." Matt's coach smiled, sitting down beside Matt.

"Thanks, coach." Matt smiled, knowing his coach was pretty much his number one fan. Matt had worked hard to earn his spot as the number one player on the basket ball team. The extra hours of practise had paid off pretty well.

Matt grabbed his bag and walked towards the locker rooms with his team. He took a quick shower, got dressed, and left the locker room. School was over, so it was finally time to go home.

"Excuse me, Mr.Sanders?" Matt turned around and saw his History teacher look at him with a frown. Matt knew this meant trouble. He wasn't in the mood to hear any lectures, he just wanted to go home, drink with friends, and sleep.

"Yea?" Matt asked, swinging his gym bag over his shoulder.

"I need to have a word with you." Mr. Bruce said, looking at Matt with narrow eyes. Matt frowned and nodded his head, giving his teacher permission to continue on with his speech.

"Your academic grades have been dropping down dramatically, Matthew," Mr. Bruce announced. Matt rolled his eyes and took a deep breath, "You got thirty three percent on your last History exam, and I will not tolerate that. I've spoken to the principal and we've agreed that as long as you keep your grades up, you can stay on the basket ball team. If you fail your next exam, Matthew, you will be kicked off the team. You should set your priorities straight, your grades are more imporant than basket ball, think about it." Mr. Bruce said.

Matt couldn't believe it. There was no way in hell he would get kicked off the team, they needed him. For fuck's sake, he was the best player they had. They'd never make it to the finals if he wasn't on the team.

"So wait, " Matt kind of laughed, still not taking it seriously, "You're pretty much saying that if I fail my next History exam, I'll be kicked off the team when we've JUST made it to the semi-finals? Are you serious?" Matt raised an eyebrow.

"That is exactly what I'm saying. If you're so serious about this basketball team, the only thing I can suggest is you get a tutor."

Matt laughed at this; a tutor? Was this teacher for real? Did he really think Matt would actually accept help from some stupid student just so he could stay on the team? Yeah, kay.

"You're funny sir, really, you kill me." Matt said, patting his teacher's shoulder. He still thought Mr. Bruce was joking.

"Mr.Sanders, I'm not joking. I've already talked to Kelsey Kannok and she has agreed to tutor you. She can help you pass this exam, Matt. If you want to stay on the team, I suggest you let her help you study and pass your exam." Mr. Bruce said. Man, he was really serious about this. Matt frowned and took another deep breath. What a way to celebrate a victory.

Suddenly a transparent lightbulb appeared over Matt's head. Had he said Kelsey Kannok? Matt smirked, if he was going to get tutored by a pretty girl who was his ticket to stay on the basket ball team, boy did he have many ideas on how they can study.

Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all. Matt could have 'fun' with Kelsey, and stay on the team at the same time.

"Alright, whatever, i'm down." Matt agreed without any arguments. He smiled at Mr.Bruce's shocked face and walked away from the school.

Kelsey Kannok... boy was he liking the idea of having a tutor now.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY.

FOR KELSEY.

FEEDBACK.

COMMENTS =
faster updates!