Breaking the rules: Falling in love with the creature you hate

Chapter TWO

Dawn and her father were being escorted by two maids towards a meeting room where—apparently— they were going to introduce themselves and discuss what she had to do. The maids stopped walking “We can go no further” the chestnut-haired maid said

“Our masters are waiting behind those doors” the brunette finished, pointing to a big wooden double door at the end of the hallway.

‘Masters?...weird’ Dawn thought. She walked ahead of her father and opened the door a few inches. She saw a young couple, their faces were serious, but their eyes showed kindness and they were both very beautiful. Dawn closed the door and turned around to glare at her father.

“You didn’t tell me they were vampires” she half hissed-half whispered. They, unlike most humans knew that the world was also habited by other creatures. She could recognize a vampire from just one glance because a lot of churches had hired them to kill vampires.

Her father smiled slightly “I did tell you they weren’t human”

“Dad, I won’t work for vampires!!” she kept her voice low. She hated and despised vampires. He grabbed her shoulders and turned her around.

“Dawn, I already said yes, they’re waiting, so put on a big smile and go in” he said pushing her slightly towards the door.

This time she opened it and stepped in with her father with a big, but professional smile. The young couple was still there, but this time they were not serious. The woman looked at the verge of laughing and the man seemed to be suppressing a chuckle.

“Welcome to our home” the man finally said with a melodic voice.

“Thank you” Jacob nodded as he and his daughter took a seat

“We will introduce ourselves” the man began “I’m Viktor Van Advefreth and this is my lovely wife” he said pointing towards the beautiful woman behind him “Lithia Van Advefreth”

They were an odd couple. He was a very handsome and built man with silky jet-black hair and green eyes and Lithia was a beautiful red-haired woman with blue eyes. Total opposites.

“Since we already know each other I would like to began with the job” Dawn interrupted

“I apologize for her rudeness, she—” Jacob began, but Viktor cut him off

“You don’t have to Mr. Zephir, she’s right we should get down to business…We’ve been having problems with some people…they’ve been attacking my family, especially one of my sons, I need you to protect him for 9 months, he—” He was interrupted by the door opening

“You called father?” came the lovely voice of a young girl. They all looked towards the door.

“You came just in time my dears” Lithia finally spoke. Her voice was soothing as a river.

The girl entered followed by two guys. The three of them were beautiful…as expected, of course.

“These are my children” Viktor said “That’s Ember” he pointed to a girl with Golden-reddish hair and turquoise eyes. “That’s Armand” he pointed to the guy with copper hair and navy-blue eyes. “and finally but not least that’s Nathaniel” he finally pointed towards a guy with black hair and silver eyes…

“Silver eyes?…weird” Dawn thought. “There shouldn’t be leeches with silver eyes”

“Nathaniel is the one you will be protecting” Viktor interrupted her thoughts

She sighed…he was handsome…ok, he was HOT!!, but she wasn’t going to let that fact to interfere with her job! To bad he was a vampire and she hated everything that had to be about those leeches. She was only doing this job because her father forced her to.