Your Love Cuts The Strings

Chapter 20

My eyes widened and I immediately began to stutter. "I mean, um...This is a great movie, here." I stuck a fist full of popcorn into my mouth, hoping that he hadn't heard that. Why would I say that?! My breathing became slightly ragged. I tried to control it the best I could. It wasn't until I decided that it was just the atmosphere that made me think that.

"Jaden, are you okay?" Ian asked, concerned.

"Oh. I'm fine. I'm totally fine. Just into the movie, that's all," I lied, taking a sip of my soda.

He didn't seem to buy it. But, he sat in his chair, his attention directed to the movie. I was relieved.

I love you? I love you?! Seriously, I've only known him for a few months. I can't be jumping at him like this! Oh, my God. He thinks I'm crazy. My eyes widened and I felt like I was about to break into hysterics, but I was able to hold it back.

+ + + + + + + + + +

Ian pulled up to my house. He was about to cut his car off when I stopped him. "I think it'd be better if you didn't come in, tonight," I told him solemnly. I was still embarrassed about what had happened a few hours earlier. He hadn't said anything about it on the way home. I think he avoided the situation completely. The air was sort of...awkward.

"I didn't plan on 'coming in.' I wanted to meet your parents," he said.

I shook my head. "Not tonight," I repeated. Ian looked confused and his brow furrowed. "Soon, though." I smiled. I kissed his cheek and left the car.

I jolted inside, passing my family and I raced into my room. "I'm so stupid!" I yelled, finally releasing built up emotion from earlier. "Oh, I love you," I said mockingly. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I kicked the wall.

"Is everything all right?" my mom asked.

"Yeah," I said...almost in a whisper.

I threw on some pajamas and crawled into bed. I still wasn't feeling great about what I had done, but I was too exhausted to think about it any longer.

That night, I dreamed about Ian.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is back up and ready to go. Sorry about the wait. :)