Your Love Cuts The Strings

Chapter 21

Sounds of bombs dropping surrounded me. I was frightened and scared. I tried, desperately, to find a place to hide. Another bomb dropped in close radius of me. I screamed and began running into the woods.

"Jade. Jade, over here," a voice said from behind the trees.

"Who's there?" I asked, scared.

Ian moved out from behind a thicket of shrubbery. His face was twisted into worry and fright. "Come with me," he told me, his voice quivering.

I looked around, trying to see if there way anywhere safer to hide. Finding nothing, I nodded towards him, following him as he sprinted through the forest.

He came to a sudden halt about a mile in. "What's wrong?" I asked, shaking.

No answer.

"Ian, what's wrong?" I repeated.

He, out of nowhere, jumped on top of me, covering me with himself...protecting me.

The sound of a falling bomb became louder and louder, until...


I woke up, sweating and nervous. I looked at the clock. It read 6:04 am. I sighed and fell back on my pillow. My internal alarm clock must've woken me up.

I was sure to get ready quickly, having only an hour. I took a shower, threw on some clothes, fixed my hair, then walked outside to wait for the bus.

I stood on the curb for two minutes when a familiar looking car rolled up. It stopped in front of me and rolled down the window. He flashed his beautiful smile and greeted me. "H-hi, Ian," I said quietly.

"So, do you need a ride?" he asked, grinning.

I turned back to look at the house, then I looked at him. "Sure," I smiled.