Love Is Just a Chemical Creation

Apoligies and Promises

Two days later I sat in a small café about 15 minutes from my apartment. A crossed from me was the one person that could make my heart rate accelerate with one small smile. I had so much I needed to talk to him about; I just hoped that he could forgive me for ignoring him for the last week.

"Listen Zack I am really..." I started to say but he cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"Save it. I really don't want to hear your excuses about why you didn't call me back. I really thought you were different, but Alex was right you are just like those other girls. He was right and I punched him in the face because I was defending you!"" His voice was rising in volume as he said this. I could tell he was mad, and he had every right to be.

"I wasn't going to give you some lame excuse. I was actually going to tell you that I really like you. I was also going to say that I ignored your phone calls because I was afraid that you were going to prove to me that not all guys are like Josh. I have stuck guys into one category for so long, that I was afraid that one was just going to come into my life and sweep me off my feet. I didn't want to depend on some guy. I wanted to be me and have a life that didn't revolve around the guy I was dating at the time. And then you come in and it's like I'm back to those silly little school girl crushes. I put so much time and effort into the relationship that I had with Josh and for what? He through it all away because I wouldn't sleep with him right away. I was going to tell you that I was ready to see if dating you was going to work. But I can see now that you don't want to try. I was right all guys are the same." I was trying to remain cool so I could make a poised exit. "I really like you Zack. Maybe I'll see you around."

"Jayde wait!" I heard him yell as I walked out the diner door. "Wait please. Can we please talk?"

"Oh now you want to talk. Now that you know why I didn't call you back?" I was so confused. One minute it was like he didn't want to hear what I had to say and the next it was like I could say anything and he would listen. "Zack I don't want to talk to you if what I said back there is the only reason that you think you need to. I want you to talk to me because you feel the same way not because you think it's necessary because I like you."

"Jayde I got defensive because I don't want to get hurt again either. That night after the concert I realized that living and comparing every girl I meet to Maggie isn't going to work because I will never meet anyone exactly like her ever again." As he said this, my face fell. He told me he was over her but I guess us kissing only made him realize that he truly wasn't. He must have noticed that I had a frown on my face because he quickly redirected where his speech was going. "What I mean is that is that if I compare everyone to her I will never see the greatness of other people. I would be blind to what others have to offer. After we kissed I realized that I need to keep her in my heart as memories and not as something to limit what I do. I really like you too. I was just afraid that some girl was going to use me for my fame or that she was going to find out about what happened with Maggie and take it the wrong way. I am ready to try this with you but you need to promise me one thing." He was looking at me and I could tell that he was being sincere.

"What would I need to promise you?" I asked.

"I need you to promise me that if I give you my heart that you won't damage it any more than it already is." I looked into his eyes as I stepped forward and placed my hand on his cheek.

"Zack I will promise that only if you promise to do the same. That means no going off on tour and me finding out about some groupie that you slept with while you were drunk." I laughed trying to ease the tension that was hanging in between us.

"You don't have to worry about that. I have never been a cheater and I will never be a cheater. I have seen the things it has done to people and I don't think the consequences are worth the hour of pleasure." He said this as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Well it's good to know that. It's a promise then?" I questioned.

"Yeah I guess it is." He chuckled and he leaned down toward me and I closed my eyes preparing myself for what I was going to feel.

His lips never meet mine though, because a second later my phone was ringing.

All I, all I really wanted was a good job
A nine to five never seemed to cut it
Was too wrapped up in her to be working like that
Soon you'll see that everything will work out for me
So keep your promises you promised to me
Whoa oh oh yeah


I looked at my phone and saw that it was my boss. It was my day off so I didn't know why she was calling me. I quickly answered knowing that it would be important because she wouldn't call me on my day off if it wasn't.

"Hello" I stated untangling myself from Zack.

"Jayde thank god I got a hold of you. The Editor wants to have a meeting with everyone pronto. He is fuming and is ready to fire anyone at any moment.' Her voice was stressed and I could tell she was in a state of panic.

"How long do I have before the meeting starts?" I was quickly gathering my stuff for a quick exit.

"Umm I would say you have about 20 minutes to get here." I could hear her riffling through paper on her desk.

"Ok I will be there in 10. Thanks for letting me know." I hung up my phone and shoved my stuff into my car. I turned to Zack and didn't notice how far I had actually walked while I was on my phone.

I started to walk toward him and smiled.

"I hate to leave right now but I may get fired if I don't leave now." I was trying to rush because I really needed my job.

"Ok well call me when you get done at the office." He pecked my lips softly and pulled away.

"You make me sound like some important business woman." I giggled as I kissed him again.

"Well I'm not going to lie having a girl that has an important job is kind of a turn on." He said with a shy smile.

"Is it now?" I kissed him again and pulled away not to long after. I knew I was teasing him but I really needed to get to work.

"You better get going." He said walking me to my car.

"I will call you as soon as I get done and we can go and grab something to eat." I told him as I slid into the front seat of my rental car. Mine was still in the shop getting fixed.

"Sounds like a plan." He stated and I started the car and drove to the office.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long. Beacuse I love you guys so much I am going to post 2 chapters today.