My Taking Back Valentine System of Fall out Romance

Valentines Day

So, it was Valentines Day and none of us had boyfriends. Since all our relationships seemed to be Bleeding Through at the moment, we all decided to hang out at Jess’ place for the day.

Mollie, Heidi, Shalisa and I were sitting on the couch watching the Simpson’s, whilst Jess had gone to get drinks and Lucy and Jenna were in the bedroom arguing over their favourite Blink songs, as usual.

“Help us Radio-Active Man!” came the cry from the TV.

Jess rushes back in without the drinks she had left to get.

“Hey where are the drinks?” asks Heidi, who had just come from Squash and was thirsty.

“Was that an opinion ‘Invisible Heidi’?” I joke.

“But its Radio-Active Man and Fallout Boy, they are so rad!” Jess explains.

“Urrgh ‘rad’ you’ve been hanging out with Jenna and Lucy too much,” I say as Jenna and Lucy themselves come back into the room panting.

“What’s up with you?” asks Mollie.

“Fire.” pants Lucy.

“WHAT!” yells Jess, looking up from the TV.

“There’s A Fire Inside,” says Jenna, catching her breath.

Jess, Mollie and I rush to Jess’ bedroom, only to find they had spelled out the words ‘Feelin' This’ in candles.

“I guess they picked their favourite song then!” Laughed Mollie.

“I’m gunna' kill you guys,” said Jess, going back to the lounge room. “You scared the shit out of me!!” She said before diving on Lucy and Jenna who were sitting on the floor.

Heidi pulled Jess off them, “could you hurt a face that cute?” She asked smirking.

Cute Is What We Aim For!” Laughed Jenna, moving away from Jess.

Of course Heidi had been in on this “Muse” she always came up with the best tricks.

Ding-Dong Ding-Dong Ding-Dong, the doorbell rang Thrice.

“Did anyone invite anyone else over?” asks Jess.

“Nup.”

“No.”

“No… Oh, shit…” says Mollie.

“…Kane!” we all finish for her.

Kane was Mollies ex-boyfriend/stalker, although he is kind of our friend he just never left her alone. He had been obsessed with her ever since they had played Kisschasy in kindergarten.

“Fucking hell, how does he always know where I am?” Mollie asks no-one in particular.

“Did anyone mention we were hanging out today?” asks Jenna looking around.

“Don’t look at me, you no I cant stand him,” said Shalisa.

Ding-Dong

“Do you think if we ignore it he will go away?” Asks Heidi.

“No,” said Mollie, Jess and I together.

“He’s like the Lost Prophets from Jehovah’s Witnesses, he just keeps coming back,” sighs Mollie.

“I’ll get it.” I say, as I walk as slowly as possible towards the door hoping he will be gone by the time I get their.

Ding-Dong

Guess not, I open the door “Hey Kane...” I sigh as he walks through The Open Door.

“Hey Emma,” he says hugging me, and looking down at me from Behind Crimson Eyes, we always give him shit about wearing eye shadow. Eyeliner we get but its not even black or even green eye shadow its always pink or purple.

“What are you doing here Kane?” I ask as we walk towards the lounge room.

“It’s Valentines Day and I have a card for my Valentine, duh.”

“Kane, Mollie wont want it,” I say stopping him before we get to the lounge room.

“It’s not for Mollie,” he replies.

“I’m telling you she… What who’s it for then?” I ask surprised.

“Shalisa.”

“She hates you idiot.”

“Yeah but shes new she doesnt really know me.”

“Have your Senses Fail(ed) you? Urrgh just give it to her so she can yell at you and you can leave.” I say letting him pass.

“Hey everyone,” he says when he walks into the lounge room. “I have something for you Mollie,” he hands her a hand made card (he’s a good drawer) with the words, “I would take a Bullet For My Valentine” written on the front.

“What the fuck Kane, you said it wasn’t for Mollie,” I yell, annoyed that he had tricked me so easily.

“Wow, Billy Talentyou’re a good drawer!” Said Jenna looking over Mollies shoulder to see the card.

Mollie glared at her “There is a reason I broke up with you Kane, it means I don’t want to go out with you, no matter what From First To Last. You're self centred, miserable, and feel sorry for yourself all the time and you’re an alcoholic and a druggo. You’re a System Of A Down Kane, get out!” She finishes her rant panting.

“Kane you better go… Now!” I say pushing him towards the door.

“I never knew all those things annoyed her,” said Kane shocked and stumbling a bit as I continued to push him.

“She used to call you ‘My Chemical Romance’, the self centered thing she could deal with but the alcohol and the drugs… she used to joke about you Green Day(s)” , but I think they really got to her… gets to her man.”

“But she cheated on me,” he said still a bit shocked as we reached the door and he turned around, “she cheated on me with perfect, pretty, Good Charlotte,” he said.

“I know Kane but you pushed her to it, she said you made her feel so… like…. The…. Used, I'm sorry man.” I closed the door in his face.

I went back to the lounge room where Mollie was still raging about Kane “… His Infernal Majesty, thinks he can do what he wants…”

“Come on guys.” says Jess. "Todays isn’t supposed to be about girls or guys its supposed to be about us having fun on Valentines Day, about Taking Back Sundayfor us.”

“Your right,” says Lucy.

“Suppose...” said Mollie not looking convinced.

“Yeah, lets go down to my work and get Kerang and go to Linkin Park to read it.” Says Shalisa.

“My brother Aiden gets off work in 20 minutes he can drive us,” said Jenna
“Awesome”.

We all Turn Back to the TV where another Simpson’s episode is playing.

“Hey I’m Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins”.

“Homer Simpson, Smiling Politely.”


The End.