The Beast

Ch11

Vincent arrives at Belles’ room pacing as he waits for her to come out.
“Ok I’m ready.” She says. Vincent stands to the side of the door with his back straight, something that he’s never done before. Belle opens the door and comes out in a beautiful black and yellow dress. Only one word came to mind as Vincent looked at her “Beautiful.” He extended his arm for Belle to hold as they walked down the steps and into that ballroom. When they arrive Belle looks around at the huge ballroom. She notices that all the candles have been lit giving off plenty of light. Vincent goes to the corner and uncovers an old record player, he sets up the needle and it begins to play a song. Belle helps Vincent with his hands and they begin to dance. They move around the room swaying to the music. They focus on nothing but each other’s eyes. Despite his bulky stature Vincent turned out to be quite the dancer.

After dancing for a while, the two made their way to the balcony looking out to the moon over the garden. Vincent looks at his hands and notices he still has claws and not nails. He thought to himself if Belle really does love me then why am I still a beast. Vincent walked behind Belle and placed his hands on her shoulders. Belle turned around to give him a hug. They held each other for a moment; Belle looked into the eyes of Vincent “kiss me.” Vincent stood in shock saying nothing; Belle continued looking into his eyes. Knowing that she would be unsatisfied till she got her kiss, Vincent lowered his head as she stood on her toes to meet him. They shared a passionate kiss and stayed with each other the rest of the night.

The next morning Vincent returned to his room to find his shadow. “Nice night?”

“I slept with Belle but...”

“But your still a Beast.”

“Yes.”

“This is exactly what happened fifteen years ago.”

“Belle is different.”

“How?”

“I can feel it. From the moment I saw her, it feels like we are connected.”
“You kept Catharine here because you thought she loved you. But you never turned human did you?”

“No.”

“She died in this castle Beast, do you remember how broken up you were?” Vincent remained silent “Do you want that to happen again?”

“No but…it’s different.”

“Beast, let her go.”

“I…can’t.”

The shadow then removed a cover to a mirror; Vincent looked at himself and saw a monstrous Beast. “Lie to Belle and Lie to yourself but you cannot lie to a mirror. A mirror is incapable of lying; it can’t show you what you want to see it can only show you what’s there. And what is there?” Vincent continued looking into the mirror “What do you see?”

“A Beast.”

“And that is what you are. You are not human and Belle can never love a Beast you know that.” All of the Beast’s deformities came back at that moment. “Let her go. You want her to be happy don’t you? Then let her go.”

Vincent takes a long hard look in the mirror; he hadn’t seen what he looks like in years and in this moment the Beast inside returns.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this conversation between Vincent and the Beast aka shadow even though things are about to get bad all because of the shadow.