The Beast

Ch12

Vincent throws on his cloak before he searches for Belle.
Belle is walking in the garden admiring the different statues. She stops at a large pillar; a name is engraved in the rock but cannot be read. Vincent arrives outside and Belle notices him “Vincent. Last night was wonderful.” Vincent keeps his hood up ignoring eye contact with Belle. She knows something is wrong “What’s wrong Vincent?” she now has a worried look on her face as Vincent stays quiet for a moment “You…you can’t stay here anymore.”

“Why?”

“Belle…we can never be. We come from two different worlds.”

“I don’t care about any of that.”

“The longer you stay with me only more pain will be caused. You need to return to your life, I am releasing you.”

“But I don’t want to go.”

“Please just leave!” sorrow came from his voice as he yelled.
“Vincent what’s wrong?” she tries to touch Vincent but he forcefully pulls away. “Vincent talk to me.” She pleas as tears begin to come from her eyes.

“Don’t make this any harder than it is.”

“But Vincent…”

“My name is not Vincent!” he frightens Belle “I am the Beast! You keep trying to convince me to be something that I’m not but I will always be this.”

“Vincent I…”

“Get out!” Beast knocks over a stone sculpture “Get! Out!” Belle runs with tears in her eyes and Beast chases her tearing up the garden. They run through the castle as Belle heads for the front door. Beast shouts until she leaves. While running he trips down the steps and doesn’t bother standing up. As Belle runs into the forest Beast lets out a loud roar turning into a cry of dying animal as he stays lying on the floor.

Beast eventually makes his way back to his room where his shadow waits “You did the right thing Beast.” Beast says nothing as he walks to his rose just staring at it. The one pedal that remains is barely hanging on. It is only a matter of time before Beast become mortal again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes its sad but fear not the story is not over