The Beast

Ch13

Belle arrives home to find her father but he is nowhere to be found in her house. She asks around and eventually finds him at the bar. She sees him sitting alone at a table. She walks up to him “Papa?”

He looks up “Belle is that you?” His voice sounds weak and his appearance is pail.

“Yes papa it’s me.”

“Oh Belle I thought I lost you to that horrible Beast.”

“No he took care of me.”

“That monster?”

“No papa there’s good in him I felt it.” He begins to cough uncontrollably “papa what’s wrong?” Belle realizes that he is sick “Come on let’s get you home.” She helps him to his feet and they head towards the door, but Gaston stops them before they can leave “Belle where have you been?”

“Please move I have to get my father home he’s sick.”

“Sick in the head is what he is. He’s been blabbing about you being kidnapped by a giant beast.”

“He’s not a Beast!”

“So it’s true then you’ve been spending time with the beast.”

“Stop calling him that.”

“You sound as if you’re in love with this monster.” Belle remains silent “I don’t believe it your in love with the Beast.”

“His name is Vincent.” Belle tries to walk past Gaston but he grabs her. “Don’t walk away from me when I’m talking to you.” Belle spits in his face “You’re the monster Gaston.” Belle then takes her father and leaves.

“Tough break there Gaston.”

Now angered “Get away from me. If I can’t have Belle then no one will.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Kill the Beast!” saying this capture the attention of everyone in the bar “That’s right. The longer this Beast is alive the more of us will be hurt. Do you want your children to grow up in fear as you all did?”

“No!” The room says
“Then let’s kill the Beast!” Gaston exits the building and is followed by some hunters armed with rifles as they make their way towards Beast’s castle.