The Beast

Ch2

In a small town with only about a hundred people living in it, here a young girl named Belle lives. Belle is very different from the others, in a town where football is the big thing and everyone is involved in it someway. Belle spends her time reading in hopes of becoming a writer. Belle has long beautiful red hair and is considerable smaller than the other women in her town. Her boyfriend Gaston is the towns’ hero, kids and adults alike look up to the young man. He is large and built with is chiseled jaw and slightly long dark hair. The truth is Belle never agreed to being Gaston’s girlfriend. She finds him repulsive. Belle operates a booth at the town fair where she makes pie and other deserts. Gaston walks up to her booth with his swagger gleaming with over confidence. “Hello Belle.” He says with a big smile “Gaston.” She says while turning her head away. Gaston continues “How long have we been going out now?”
“Sense never Gaston I never said yes.”
“You silly girl, I know when a women say no she really means yes. You don’t have to be ashamed of your feelings.”
“I’m not ashamed of anything.” Gaston the walks behind the booth and grabs Belle by the hand walking her out. Belle tries to pull away but is no match for Gaston’s strength “Where are you taking me?” Gaston takes her to the main stage where a pie eating contest has just finished. Nearly everyone in town is in attendance as Gaston beats on the microphone to get everyone’s attention. “I have a huge announcement to make.” Belle stands off to the side looking frustrated. “You all know the love of my life Belle.” Gaston points her out as she looks embarrassed. “Well she just agreed to marry me.” The town’s people start clapping and cheering. Belle looks furious as Gaston pulls her on stage and tries to land a kiss. Belle grabs an unfinished pie off the table and smashes it in Gaston’s face. She then knees him in the balls and runs off the stage. Gaston is left hurt with pie in his face and all of the audience laughing at the site of him.

Belle runs home and lays in her bed furious and sad at the same time. She pulls out an old book and begins to think about her life. She wonders why she can’t find her prince like the ones in fairy tales. Belle has plans to run away from this awful town, but the one thing keeping her from doing so enter the front door. Belle greets her step father who is an elderly man and even shorter then Belle “I heard that Gaston proposed to you today!” he says excited. Belle covers her face and runs back up stairs “Did I say something wrong?” He walks up stairs into Belle’s room “What’s wrong sweetheart?” she wipes away her tears “It’s nothing I’ll be fine. How was your day?”
“Well I went to the annual inventors meeting today…”
“Did they love your ideas?” Belle asks excited.
“I was just getting to that, yes they did I have been invited to the inventors convention tomorrow.”
“Oh that’s great!” She gives him a big hug.
“I have to leave tonight.” He stands up and begins walking around the hose placing various things in a bag “Will you be all right by yourself?”
“Of course.” She says with a smile “Will you?” He smiles and gives her another hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments will be nice