The Beast

Ch4

After several days of waiting for her step father to come back Belle decides to go find him. Taking the road he took, she eventually stumbles across his car. After examining the vehicle she decides to continue the search for him. After a while of walking she comes to the end of the forest and sees the castle. She remembers one of the first stories she ever heard, a story told to children to keep them out of the forest. The story was about a beast that eats children who come onto his land. Belle was never afraid of the forest, in fact she would go there to read often she found it to be most relaxing. She arrives at the front door cracking it open “Hello.” She steps inside the castle is very quiet “Hello.” She says louder. Out of the corner of her eye she sees a figure. The figure moves up the stairs as she follows “Sir Can you help me? I’m looking for my father.” When she arrives at the top of the stairs she hears a faint mummer up another set of stairs. She runs up the stairs and follows the sound “Hello I can hear you.” At the top of the stairs she examines the room. It is messy and dirty as if animals live their “Belle?” a voice says. A hand pokes out from the cage, Belle grabs the hand and sees its her stepfather “Papa ! What are you doing in here?”
“Belle please you got to get out of here it’s not safe!” He sounds frightened.

“What are you talking about I’m going to get you out of here.”

“No Belle please just leave.” He fell silent staring behind Belle. Belle turns around and sees a large shadow of a man. She hears low breathing coming from him “Sir I’m sorry I broke in but I came to get my father.

“He is my prisoner.” The figure says.

“Please let him go.” She asks nicely.

“NO!” the beast roars as Belle becomes frightened “I should lock you up along with him.”

“Please sir just take me instead.”

“You want to replace him and become my prisoner?”

“No Belle don’t!”

“Yes only if you promise to let him go.” The beast extended his hand towards Belle. She got a clear view of a furry hand with claws instead of nails. She hesitated for a moment and shook his hand “Deal!” the Beast pulled his hand away from Belle and ran passed her. She was still unable to get a clear view of him but could tell that he wasn’t human. The Beast unlocked the cell door and drags the man downstairs. Belle tried to grab her step father but the Beast kept her from doing so. She covered her face and began crying as the Beast throws the man outside. The Beast lets out a loud roar scarring away him as he ran back into the forest.