The Beast

Ch6

Belle has been locked up in the castle for at least a week now. It has become much colder then when she arrived. But with no way to look outside she can only guess. Belle finally summed up the courage to explore the castle. She slowly steps outside her door and starts walking through the various halls. She looks at the different paintings and statues and various suites of armor. She notices no form of technology anywhere, no phone or television or even lights for that, candles and lanterns are the only sources of light. Everywhere she looks she sees dust and webs and scratch marks on the floor and walls. Belle can’t help but wonder exactly why the west wing is off limits. Belle’s curiosity gets the best of her as she walks down the hall to the west wing. At first the west wing seemed no different except that all the doors are locked until she comes to a door at the end of the hall that is cracked open. She cautiously walks into the room, examining the various objects in the room running her hands across them. She picks up a small music box winding the back as it plays a familiar tune. She sees a very old painting with huge claw marks running down it; it’s imposable to make out the identity of the man. She comes to the end of the room where there is a large outlook and sees the only clean thing in the entire castle. On a stand sits a rose inside a glass container, several of the roses peddles lie beneath it. The rose is still beautiful despite the fact that it is almost dead. She removes the glass container to get a closer look at it. A shadow falls upon her as the Beast can be seen standing in front of the ledge. Belle is able to get a clear look at the Beast. He looked a mess as if he hadn’t changed his clothes in years and was very unkempt. He was bare footed and his claws stuck out from them. The claws on his left hand were longer than the ones on his right. He didn’t bother wearing a shirt his body is too big to fit one anyways. His face she spent more time looking at his face than any other part of him. Lots of fur covered the sides of his face two large fang looking teeth stuck out from his mouth. He has long dark hair which is very messy running down his face making it hard to see his eyes. Before Belle had a chance to say anything, the Beast snatched the glass cover from her and placed it back over the rose as he roared at her “I told you not to come in here!”

Belle takes a few steps back now frightened of the Beast “I’m sorry I…”

“Do you realize what you could have done!” The Beast smashes an object across the room “Get out!” Belle runs out of the room and out of the castle and in to the cold. Snow has fallen which slows down her running. The beast gathers himself and runs after her. Belle continues running scared out of her mind. She slows down as she makes her way deeper into the forest until she comes across a couple of wild wolfs. She slowly turns around but sees another set of wolfs grinding their teeth at her. Belle runs for her life as the wolves chase her down biting at her leg causing her to fall. Out of nowhere the Beast jumps in front of Belle prepared to fight off the wolves. Beast stares down the animals as they all jump onto the Beast biting at various parts of his body. Beast fights back at the animals pulling them off his body and throwing them across the ground. He pulls a wolf off his arm at uses him to hit another wolf. The Beast slashes at the animals and bites into ones neck. He pulls another off his back and throws it onto the ground breaking its lower jaw. Beast uses his long claws to stab another wolf. The rest of the wolves flee the area as the Beast lets out a loud roar.

Beast turns around and looks at Belle to see that she is alright. The wind blows his cape forward as it has been torn to shreds. His breath can be seen in the cold air as he falls forward from exhaustion. Belle walks to the Beast and examines his various bite marks and injuries. Belle can’t help but feel bad for the Beast he has just saved her life she can’t leave him now.