Art

Art just got interesting.

It’s Monday now and yet again I’m going to another lesson where the teachers don’t interest me, Art. Greg trailing after me in the classroom trying to pretend he knows what art is. But sadly fails. I don’t know why he picked it for a GCSE, but something tells me he’s only doing it because it’ll make his parents happy. I listen too him complaining on how his parents ‘suck’, it’s the only thing he talks about. But Hayley Gardens seems interested in him somehow eavesdropping on our conversations.
I take my seat at the table and instantly, Greg lunges for the seat next to me.

Mr Radley walks into the room his hair has gone half grey half black, I stare at the self-portrait he’s done of himself over the Christmas holidays and the words ‘mid-life crisis’ spring to mind instantly.
We all grab our paintings and walk back to the desks, everyone tries to grab and easel so they can stand up instead on having to sit down and lean over their art. The topic we have been given to paint is “Romance”, Greg instantly dived for the classic, Romeo and Juliet, a safe bet where you defiantly cannot go wrong. I picked my sister and Francis to paint. Instead it will be a different scene. They will be in the park but it will be autumn with leaves surrounding the bench they sit on the burger van will be out of view also. The leaves will be painted warm colours and the engagement ring will be placed delicately in the box glistening as the painted boy is down on one knee holding it. I nod to myself carrying on the outline.

The art room door screeched as it trailed across the floor. Jane Darwin looked up extremely angry. But her expression changed as the girl walked into the room.

“She looks like the girl in my painting.” Jane whispered annoyed that her character resembled this girl. I looked over my shoulder at her work, the outline of her character did, and the curly ginger hair resting on her chest looked spot on. I stared at her studying her green eyes and her green polka dot hair band coming to the conclusion that without a doubt, she was beautiful. Her black jeans balanced on her hips while her white top with a green heart in the middle showed her figure, she didn’t look like some of the repulsive anorexic girls Tony had dated. She was perfection.

“Is this Room 45A?” she asked Mr Radley. He nodded. He didn’t look stunned by her presence like I did. No one had noticed her walk in except Jane. She had a painting in her hands she now walked to the table I was on and sat opposite to me. She smiled at me quickly then looked away placing her painting onto the desk. I then closed my mouth. Embarrassed trying to look distracted with me work

“It’s rude to stare, long.” Muttered Greg, trying to hold his laughter.