She's Like Heroin

One : Crazy Assistant

“So, basically you’re looking for a job?” the Rev asked me, bluntly.

“Mhmm,”

“And you wanna be our assistant because...?” Matt trailed.

“I wanna get busy, make money, buy my own island and vanish there.” I answered truthfully.

Synyster Gates actually smiled at my remark.

“Ambitious.” Johnny mumbled. “Well, are you sure you’re ready to become our assistant?” he asked.

“I’m already crazy, why not lose more sanity?” I smirked, standing up. “You have my number. Call me if you’ve decided.” And I walked out.

“Alright then, guys... what do you think?” Matt asked.

“Hmm...Not bad.” Zacky spoke, matter-of-factly.

“She’ll be helpful.” Syn spoke.

“How come?” Matt asked, confused and interested.

“She’s reckless. We need someone like that.” Syn replied simply.

“She’d get out of control.” Johnny pointed out.

“Even better.” Jimmy snorted.

“I don’t think she’s the type, Rev.” Zacky smirked.

“Hmm, well... she sounds like fun. If it doesn’t work, we can always kick her.” He replied simply.

“That’s true.” Synyster nodded.

“Alright then, Zacky, go get her. She couldn’t nearly have left the building yet.” Matt mumbled.

“Just fucking phone her, man.” Zacky whined.

“Oh, right.”

I walked slowly down the stairs and as I reached the last stair, I started counting. One... two... three...four...five... six... seven... eight... nine... ten. My phone sang, and I smirked, picking it up. “Ello’.” I answered.

“It’s Shadows. We want you to work with us.” He muttered.

“Great. When would you like me to start?” I asked, fiddling with the end of my jacket.

“H-how about now?” he asked, stuttering a little.

I turned around, and climbed up the stairs again. “You sound troubled.”

“It’s the guys!” He must’ve backed away from the phone to shout an ‘I’ll get you for that one!’.

“I’ll be right up.”

I pushed the door open, not caring to knock. “Silence~” I said loudly.

Five heads turned in my direction, with puzzled expressions. I guess no one ever tried shutting their mouths up.

“What?” Jimmy asked, confuzzled.

“Sshhh.” I placed my index onto my mouth. “What’s on the agenda?” I asked.

“We want to go clubbing...” Zacky trailed.

“Yeah.” Syn nodded.

“Am I supposed to accompany you?” I asked disoriented.

“Absolutely. From now on, wherever we go, you go.” Syn stated.

“Ok.” I nodded. They seemed taken aback by my easiness. “By the way, name’s Taylor. Call me Fox.” I started nibbling at my finger, biting my polished nails.

*~*~*~*~*

I lay in his bed, watching his peaceful face; the events of the previous night washing over my relentless thoughts. I remembered every single second of it. Every sweat, every heartbeat. I remembered his lips, tracing my collarbones, nibbling at my nipples, and butterflying my poor insides; his teeth grazing all over me.

I sighed, sitting up carefully, my eyes refusing to drop from his gorgeous face.

What had I done? I’ll tell you what I did. I have broken every single rule I’ve built for myself. Every wall. Every source of protection. For who? Synyster Gates? I gritted my teeth.

What killed me most was that I was completely sober. He, of course, was as drunk as Jack Sparrow. He enjoyed it, though. That’s not coming from an arrogant person as himself, but from a very careful person, who thinks not too highly of herself. He had that smile... a killer smile. All night. And now.

I shoved my legs into my pants, sliding them on, quietly. In less than a minute, I was done. I always was very fast in dressing up. I picked up his Marlboro box, smirking, and walked out of his house.

♥ Synyster Gates ♥

The sun finally got to my nerves, and I slowly opened my eyes. I was naked, completely, under the white sheets of my bed. I was in my room; which was odd. I don’t remember getting here. I turned to my left, and to my surprise, no one was occupying my side.

I also found a bottle of Midol and a glass half full of water. For the hangover? I reached for it, and gulped three pills straight, drinking the water. So thoughtful. I smiled.

My hangover wasn’t that bad, actually. The gesture was the reason I took the pills. I stood up, wrapping the sheet around me, and got out.

I found the rest of the band just barely awake. Zacky was snoring on the couch. Matt was half-asleep, attempting to make coffee, with Val, giggling at him. Johnny wasn’t even out of his room. And Jimmy was out of sight; either sleeping or in the bathroom.

“Matt.” I scooted over to him.

“What?” he asked, disinterested.

“I had the best night ever!” I exclaimed.

“Since when do you remember having best nights?” Zacky asked, his voice dead.

“I don’t know. It was... beyond anything...” I trailed.

“Who was she?” Jimmy asked, appearing from the bathroom.

“Umm...” I paused to remember. “I can’t remember her face.”

“What do you remember?” Matt asked.

“Everything, but her features. Fuck!” I banged my head on the table.

“Anything that could help us?” Johnny asked.

“She... had a set of incarnated tattoos all over her back. And she wasn’t blonde; either a brunette, or black haired. She had a small butterfly tattoo on her right big toe... oh, she had my coffin tattoo on the inside of her right leg. A handcuff tattoo on both her wrists. Her ears were full of piercings, and her dice earrings stood out. She had a skull earring, as well. Ummm, that’s about it...” I trailed.

“You remember a lot... considering you were drunk.” Zacky mumbled, absentmindedly, surprised.

“I don’t think I had as much as I usually do.” I comforted.

The doorbell rang, and Johnny walked to get it. He walked back in with the new assistant. I’m always honest with myself. She was attractive, but not the type I dig. She was definitely sexy; with a-once-in-a-lifetime face.

“Hey there, beautiful.” Zacky grinned at her, hugging her.

“Hey.” She whispered in his ears, smiling.

I froze. “She has your smile.” I whispered as I left my reverie.

“Huh?” she asked after a minute.

“I’m sorry. The girl I slept with... I wanna remember her... I had a great night... and she has your smile.” I tried squeezing my brain for more, but nothing came.

“Oh.” She looked down. Her phone beeped. “Sorry. I gotta take this. I’ll be right back.” And she skidded towards the back yard, picking up. “Hello... I know... yeah sorry...” and her voice trailed off.

“Could it possibly be her?” Zacky asked.

“Could she possibly be what?” I asked.

“The one you slept with.” He answered.

“No! Why do you think so?” I felt offended.

“Because I noticed... something on her neck.” He snickered.

“She was with us, so she could’ve gotten her fun, as well.” I reasoned.

“Maybe...” he trailed.

“I should ask her if she saw me with anyone!” I stood up, walking my way to the backyard.

“Man, give her some privacy; obviously, that was a private phone call.” Zacky defended.

“Are you falling for her?” I asked, suddenly.

“No! Man, why’d you say that? I’m with Gena, remember?” he half-shouted.

“Sorry, sorry. You’re just weird around her.” I explained myself.

“Yeah, she’s nice. Really, has great taste, and we have some in common. She’s my new bud!” he grinned childishly.

At that moment, she walked in. Her face was a face of fury, being composed. She was a lousy actress. She sat on the dining table, where Val was making things ready for breakfast. “What’s for today?” she asked, quietly.

“We have a couple of interviews, and-”

“Hello.” Matt was interrupted as she answered the phone. “Taylor Davis.” She smiled. “I’ll have to speak to the band before I get back to you. Thank you. I’ll get back to you.” She hung up. “Sorry, Matt...” she smiled, and it got me all thoughtful again. “That was ‘Kerrang!’. They wanna interview you...” she trailed.

“Oh, cool. Sure.” Matt stated, glancing at the band for assurance. He got a couple of ‘okay’s and ‘yeah’s.

“Alright.” She redialed the number, and accepted their offer. She hung up, and looked at me for a brief moment, then averted her gaze back to her cell phone. “Do you need any help?” she asked.

“Umm, me?” Val asked.

“Yep.” Fox smiled.

“Nah, I got it covered.” Valery replied.

“You sure?” she asked.

“Yep, I’m almost done.” Val replied.

“I’ll take a smoke. I don’t eat breakfasts...” she walked towards the back door.

“Mind if I join ya?” Zacky asked.

“Nah, not at all.” She continued on her way, Zacky following her.

♥ Taylor/Fox ♥

I walked out, sitting before their humongous pool. I pulled the sleeves of my jeans up, and dangled my feet into the cold waters. Zacky followed suit, doing the same. I pulled the Marlboro out from my jeans pocket, and dug a cigarette in my mouth. I used my fiery lighter, and inhaled. The fogginess began. I offered Zacky, and he took one, allowing me to light it up for him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked softly.

“Oh. Nothing I can’t handle.” I smiled at him.

“You sure?” he asked.

“Yeah, ex-boyfriend issues always cheer me up.” I snorted.

He chuckled aloud. “What happened?” he asked as he composed his laughter.

“Umm, my friend slept with him, and she felt guilty about it. I told her I didn’t mind.”

“Did you mean it?” he asked.

“Sure. I really don’t care about him anymore... it was a thing of the moment... we got together for a while, and things didn’t turn out extremely well.” I exhaled.

“You’re quite weird, wanting to work for us...” he trailed.

“Oh, don’t be fooled. I’m quite weird, too. So, don’t let my innocent appearance fool you.” I grinned.

“Thanks for the warning.” He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gimme feedback, please! So I can decide to keep/stop writing here!